CPU
i5-6600 Z170
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently installed 10.12.5 using the general uni/multibeast guide on a Gigabyte z170x ud5 th with a 6600.

my last experience with a hackintosh was years ago so I was surprised by how easy it was, I suspect part of that was because I started with clover instead of switching to it.

The only thing I had to do to boot was enable usb fix ownership. Not sure what this does. I haven't gone through the complicated usb fix because the handful of ports I'm using work, though my bluetooth is a bit wonky (after booting I have to unplug and plug in the iogear/broadcom dongle for it to properly pair with an apple wireless kb and it never works with a magic mouse)

I'm curious if I should be using usb fixownership (I can't boot without it) or if the fact that I haven't properly done the long usbinjector fix is the reason I'm having bluetooth issues.

I did also get imessage working, smbios is imac14,1, once I found the nvidia fix for imac17,1 I wasn't sure if it was worth the trouble to change my s/n. looking around there doesn't seem to be any big benefit of using 17,1 over the 14,1.

there are four different things here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/) none of which I've done, will the only result of doing all that be to allow me to use all my usb ports correctly?
  • The APIC patch for the beginning in KextsToPatch in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
  • The USBInjectAll kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/...
  • A SSDT-USB.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ to configure the correct ports for your motherboard
  • If you have more than 15 total USB entries in the SSDT, a boot argument to disable some of them so the total is 15 or fewer. This should probably be in Boot/Arguments in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

yes, definitely booting UEFI which is one of the reasons I'm asking about it. If I don't have it checked my boot stalls.

According to the Clover Wiki it is not relevant for UEFI booting.
You are booting UEFI not Legacy aren't you ?

I think the wiki is wrong.

I've seen cases where it benefits laptops booting UEFI.
For desktops, usually not needed as most desktops can enable xHCI/EHCI handoff in BIOS.

You're totally correct RehabMan, I enabled xhci handoff and can now boot without this. Thanks!

My next question, if you'll humour me, is how am I able to boot from SATA without the APIC fix? I have a Skylake processor.

Edit:

Answering my own question

The patch was a workaround for an incompatibility problem that Apple fixed in a later release. You should no longer need it, and should be able to boot with the setting enabled or disabled in the BIOS.

Next I will try the precompiled aml file for my board.

worked
all my usb ports are activated!

I thought "Fix Ownership" fixed my USB problem, but it actually appears that booting once with a USB device inserted "fixes" the problem. Specifically, if I shutdown my system, unplug and then press and hold the power button, the next time I boot my system, I will not have active front-panel (EHC1) USB ports unless I boot with a USB device inserted into one of the EHC1 ports. After that, I will always have active EHC1 USB ports (with or without a USB device inserted) until I perform the shutdown/unplug/press-power-button again. My rear-panel (EHC2) USB ports do not have this problem.

My system is as follows:

Motherboard: Biostar TH55HD (Socket 1156)
CPU: I5-660 (Clarkedale)
Memory: 8GB DDR3
CLOVER: R4813 (Legacy) (MacPro 5,1)
Graphics: I5-660 HD Graphics (Generation 1): No acceleration, but works fine at 1280x1024 without any kexts or CLOVER config.plist options
Speedstep/CPU power management work perfectly WITHOUT Generate C/P States in config.plist

Last edited:
how to turned on FixOwnership ? im new guys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back