Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 4670K @ 4Ghz
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Problem solved! mad thanks to hacman for the files / info!

Used the files you uploaded. followed your instructions, and got it working.
Heres the details....
Purged all HDA stuff, ran system utilities in MultiBeast, rebooted.
Ran MB and checked *ONLY* System Utilities and HDARollback.
Closed MB. Copied the 888b kext into E/E.
Copied the HDA Enabler from the folder labelled "12" to desktop. Ran KextBeast.
Rebooted.

At this point, it borked my vid, so, i deleted NVEnabler, repaired permissions, and rebooted.
Ran MultiBeast, installed NVEnabler and system utilities. Rebooted, all is well now!

Original post is below this line.

Ok, so i decided to gut my iDell of its MoBo and SandyBridge setup, due to terrible wifi being my only means to use the interwebs. I installed a GA H55M-S2V (f3), Rev 1.4.

This is the EXACT same board i used to make my "Granny Smith" build, about 2 months ago.

On that build, the VooDoo 0.2.1 Audio kext, works, flawlessly. This board comes with an 888B audio chip, which just seems to HATE the drivers from MultiBeast (887/888b).

On the Granny build, everything works, flawlessly, whereas with this build ( using the EXACT SAME board, and CPU ) the audio REFUSES to work, at all.

Can someone PLEASE upload a *WORKING* 888b Kext for me? i cant seem to find anything that will work.

Even the DSDT from the database here, fails to help.
:crazy: :banghead:
:beachball:

Hardware as follows ...

GA H55M-S2V (F3) Rev 1.4
nVidia GT 430 1GiB Vid
4 GiB PNY 1333 Ram
Seagate Baracuda 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Sony OptiArc Black
Dell 430w PSU ( SLI / xFire Cert'd )

****___****EDIT****___****

This is for Snow ver 10.6.7. Not ready to go to 10.6.8 yet, seeing as im having too many issues with the audio alone.

Re: What Gives ... 888b

Gravewyrm said:
This is the EXACT same board i used to make my "Granny Smith" build, about 2 months ago.

On that build, the VooDoo 0.2.1 Audio kext, works, flawlessly. This board comes with an 888B audio chip, which just seems to HATE the drivers from MultiBeast (887/888b).

On the Granny build, everything works, flawlessly, whereas with this build ( using the EXACT SAME board, and CPU ) the audio REFUSES to work, at all.
Did you install the VooDooHDA kext and the ALC8xxHDA kext? If yes, then find the VooDoo kext in /System/Library/Extensions and delete it.

Run MultiBeast and select the following:

System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback

Reboot

If you are not using an edited DSDT then you should also select the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler.

RTK said:
Gravewyrm said:

Did you install the VooDooHDA kext and the ALC8xxHDA kext? If yes, then find the VooDoo kext in /System/Library/Extensions and delete it.

Run MultiBeast and select the following:

System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback

Reboot

If you are not using an edited DSDT then you should also select the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler.

I have done everything possible to get this to work.
DSDT lists it as a 887 (and fails to be of any help. I'm no guru, so I wont even try to edit the DSDT, as I'm sure i would ruin it. )
MB with Rollback and ALC8xxHDA lists it as 887.
VooDoo lists it as HDMI ( all versions of VooDoo ).
Legacy888bHDA ( from back in the 10.6.3 days )does not work.

I have deleted all remnants of any HDA enabler, kext, loader, what have you. Nothing is working. Its truly boggling me.
My previous build went flawless. i have no idea WHY this one is not working.
Same MoBo, and CPU.

~~Grave

*EDIT* i may just try getting everything to work in 10.6.3, then move to 10.6.7, see if that work. I'm at a total loss.

Does it work if you boot with the iBoot disc?

RTK said:
Does it work if you boot with the iBoot disc?

Nope. iBoot uses VooDoo 0.2.1. So far, after 3 fresh installs, its never had sound, from iBoot, or any kext. With the VooDoo ones, i could hear it load the kext ( faint pop when driver is loaded ) but it always is listed as HDMI * which i think it might be picking up from my Vid card, unsure as i have no HDMI equipment to test, such as a TV and receiver*.

~~Grave

Can someone PLEASE upload a *WORKING* 888b Kext for me? i cant seem to find anything that will work.

remove voodoo if installed, run multi beast check system utilities \apple hda rollback only run and close, copy the alc888b.kext to extra \extension , copy hda enabler.kext to desktop , run kextbeast reboot :thumbup:

(in the folder just copy only alc888b.kext)

Attachments

• Gigabyte_ALC888b.zip
    68 KB · Views: 115

I had a similar issue with my Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3. It has an 888b audio chipset and doing a HDA rollback didn't work for me. Interestingly, the sound worked find when I first installed from my 10.6.0 retail install disc. The only reasonable conclusion: the audio kexts changed from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7, disabling the sound.

I ended up doing the following on my board, which may or may not work for you. Given that you've installed OS X 10.6.7 multiple times, it seems that you're seriously interested in getting this to work so I imagine this might be worth trying:

0) Be sure to use a patched DSDT file for your board (I used DSDT Auto-Patcher)
1) Install 10.6.7; do not reboot
2) Run Multibeast and select System Utilities and AppleHDA rollback
3) Restart (note: I think you're already at this point)
4) Remove AppleHDA.kext form /System/Library/Extensions
5) Open the zip file attached to this post
6) Install "GigabyteALC888b.kext" into /Extra/Extensions
7) Install "HDAEnabler.kext" from the folder titled "HDAEnabler_12" from the same zip file into /System/Library/Extensions
8) Run Multibeast and select System Utilities (rebuild caches, etc)
9) Reboot
10) Enjoy functional audio

A note about DSDT files: I used the DSDT Auto-Patcher (found here) to create a custom DSDT for my machine. I then went through all the steps listed above but without success. After that, I tried a second tool, also created by the guy who made DSDT Auto-Patcher. This second tool is called HDEF_Gigabyte.app, and was made to address some audio issues with specific Gigabyte motherboards. HDEF_Gigabyte.app is avaiable here toward the bottom of the post.

Good luck, and be sure to post back with your progress.

EDIT: looks like the previous poster attached the same files -- use those.

i can't believe it!!!!
it works for me too!!!! after a lot of weeks!!!!!

thanks! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back