Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone,

I have built my first hackintosh this week. The only part that took me hours to fix was the GPU installation part, but other than that, everything works great!

Parts are all from Buyer's Guide, except SSD and RAM.
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3
- CPU: Intel I5 7400 3.0 GHZ
- GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX1050
- 8gb of DDR4 288pin 2400mhz RAM
- SSD: Crucial BX200 240gb

The issue I'm having is some sort of unstable write speeds.

Earlier, I did some tests that were showing as low as 1mb/sec write speed.
I've seen some topics talking about enabling Trim, which I did by using the Trim Enabler app.
Then, I've rebooted my PC, and it seems to be a bit better, mostly around 80 mb/sec when not in the 300-400, but still unstable, being super high in some tests, and the second after, drops to around 80.

Read speed is always really good, but the write speed can be at 465mb/sec on a speed test, then on the second test, it will drop at 90, then go back up to 467.
I am using AJA System Disk Test.

I tried a bunch of different "Test file size", from 256mb to 16gb. Sometimes it starts super fast, then drops down to around 100mb/sec, and keep getting lower slowly.

My whole system feels kind of slow because of that. It's better now that Trim is enabled (it seems like).
When the write speed was at around 5mb/s, the computer was feeling VERY slow.

Any ideas how I can make sure my SSD keep having a stable and good write speed? Anything I have to enable or change somewhere in the config file maybe? My config file is attached.

Thank you very much!

-------
EDIT (20 minutes later...)

I'm getting around 10mb/sec write speed again. Looks like Trim doesn't do anything here.
Did multiple speed test, and sometimes it drops again to like 2mb/sec...
MacOS also feels like the write speed is super low, since sometimes, the computer seems to be running very slowly, then becomes OK for few minutes, go back down, and so on.
I've been searching on the web for the last 3 hours and haven't found anything similar to my issue.
Thansk in advance

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
@pipolamenace, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@pipolamenace, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

Sorry about that! Just updated my profile. Thanks in advance!
(By the way, things seems to be working better today...but still wondering why I was getting that write speed issue...that will probably come back)

:(

I have the same problem with you, what should I do? thank! Read speed is always really good, but the write speed just 20MB/s.

2017-12-27 11.31.43.png

Last edited:
Glad you managed to make it work!

I did that too and it seems like it's working fine now. I'm not having these issues anymore. At least, not from what I can tell.
Most of my files are on my 2nd HDD, so I rarely copy/paste stuff on my SSD, but seems fine.

Hope this will help some people out there! :)

@hiyelee @pipolamenace did you apply the patch and then the trimforce command, or the trimforce first and then the patch? I have tried but still have the same problem as you.

I have the patch and trim is enabled, even trimforce enables it. BUT still slow write speed.

Do you use APFS or HFS?

@hiyelee @pipolamenace did you apply the patch and then the trimforce command, or the trimforce first and then the patch? I have tried but still have the same problem as you.

I have the patch and trim is enabled, even trimforce enables it. BUT still slow write speed.

Do you use APFS or HFS?

Same problem here. To enable trim didn't work, but I found this post and it worked for me:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-is-this-a-normal-speed-for-my-samsung-ssd-840-pro.218166/

Good luck!

I've been on this problem for a while and have fixed the slow ssd speeds by manually setting the ram timing/voltage in the bios according to the ram's manufacturing specs.

I also switched the cpu from x.m.p back to auto in the bios.

I was having a lot of issues where safari tabs and live GUI would freeze.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,299
Last edited:
Same issue. I have tried different motherboards, different cpus, different RAM, different SATA cables, clean reinstalled like 5 times, tried clover and open core, tried Mojave and Catalina, SSDs and NVME, and same MFing problem. The read speed is fine, but the write speed STARTS good for a few seconds, and then goes to sh*t. For example, my brand new NVME starts at 2000 write and drops to 400 write. My sata SSD starts at 300, and drops to 1MB/s etc.

The drives score norms in windows. WTF. The only part I haven’t swapped out is the PSU. Could it even be the PSU? Why would it only do this in MacOS and not windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back