Contribute
Register

[Solved] Weird/Unstable SSD write speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same issue. I have tried different motherboards, different cpus, different RAM, different SATA cables, clean reinstalled like 5 times, tried clover and open core, tried Mojave and Catalina, SSDs and NVME, and same MFing problem. The read speed is fine, but the write speed STARTS good for a few seconds, and then goes to sh*t. For example, my brand new NVME starts at 2000 write and drops to 400 write. My sata SSD starts at 300, and drops to 1MB/s etc.

The drives score norms in windows. WTF. The only part I haven’t swapped out is the PSU. Could it even be the PSU? Why would it only do this in MacOS and not windows?

You might want to do do sudo trim force enable and then add on NVMeFix kext I had this issue before but all are good and well now.

Same issue. I have tried different motherboards, different cpus, different RAM, different SATA cables, clean reinstalled like 5 times, tried clover and open core, tried Mojave and Catalina, SSDs and NVME, and same MFing problem. The read speed is fine, but the write speed STARTS good for a few seconds, and then goes to sh*t. For example, my brand new NVME starts at 2000 write and drops to 400 write. My sata SSD starts at 300, and drops to 1MB/s etc.

The drives score norms in windows. WTF. The only part I haven’t swapped out is the PSU. Could it even be the PSU? Why would it only do this in MacOS and not windows?

Did you solve your problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back