Contribute
Register

[solved] Weird issue with headphone jack (ALC 235)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LENOVO Allsparks 5A (Clover)
CPU
i7-6700HQ/HM170
Graphics
HD 530+GTX 960M, 1920x1080
Hi there,

Right now, I'm having an issue with the sound on my Lenovo Y700. Everything initially works fine if I have my headphone jack plugged in. The microphone works fine too, it picks up my voice correctly.

When I take out my headphones, my speakers start up correctly, which is also good. The issue comes here: when I plug my headphones back into the headphone jack I will get sound, but it will be messy. It will sound like my headphones aren't properly plugged into the headphone jack: vocals disappear almost entirely, sound alters towards higher frequencies but at the very least there is sound.

I'm still early into building my Hackintosh and I'm not really able to figure out why I'm experiencing this after searching around all over the place.

>> I used the Clover + DSDT patching method. (aDummyHDA)

I'm including my DSDT.aml and config.plist. (updated2)

Edit: If my headphones aren't plugged in, initially when booting, and when I plug them in afterwards, then the sound will be ok. It will appear proper, but if I take the plug out and put it back in after doing that, then the sound f***s up again.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 231
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 340
  • Rafaël’s Y700 (Mac).ioreg.zip
    613 KB · Views: 207
  • RehabMan.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Hi there,

Right now, I'm having an issue with the sound on my Lenovo Y700. Everything initially works fine if I have my headphone jack plugged in. The microphone works fine too, it picks up my voice correctly.

When I take out my headphones, my speakers start up correctly, which is also good. The issue comes here: when I plug my headphones back into the headphone jack I will get sound, but it will be messy. It will sound like my headphones aren't properly plugged into the headphone jack: vocals disappear almost entirely, sound alters towards higher frequencies but at the very least there is sound.

I'm still early into building my Hackintosh and I'm not really able to figure out why I'm experiencing this after searching around all over the place.

>> I used the Clover + DSDT patching method. (aDummyHDA)

I'm including my DSDT.aml and config.plist. (updated)

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attaching missing files and some extra information to main post.

Edit: Weird, my sound disappeared (devices missing). Not sure if this was due to the information gathering or because of something else and I'm not sure if it had impact on the logs, but I rebooted and the sound is back now.

Last edited:
Attaching missing files and some extra information to main post.

Edit: Weird, my sound disappeared (devices missing). Not sure if this was due to the information gathering or because of something else and I'm not sure if it had impact on the logs, but I rebooted and the sound is back now.

Check into ALCPlugFix.

Thank you, this fixed it for now! Let me reboot to make sure it sticks.

Edit: Issue resolved.

Thank you, this fixed it for now! Let me reboot to make sure it sticks.

Edit: Issue resolved.

It is customary to share the solution in the thread, such that others can benefit.

This is the .zip I used to fix my headphone jack issue

Use ALCPlugFix to fix headset switching
step:
1. Go to the ALCPlugFix directory
2. Double-click install.command, enter the user password, plug in the headset to test whether the normal switch
Note: If the headset does not sound, you can open the terminal input: hda-verb 0x19 0x707 0x20

Attachments

• ALCPlugFix.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,747
This works in Lenovo Y700-15ISK. Thanks.

This is the .zip I used to fix my headphone jack issue

It worked as well on my GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 running High Sierra.
Although the patcher printouts looked scary the end result actually worked.
After a reboot the Headphones entry in the Sound control panel now appears/disappears instantly
if I plug in/unplug a headphone.

EveryThing Working Fine in my hackintosh Laptop but In HeadPhone There is no Voice Just noise what the issue.Internal Speaker Working Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back