Contribute
Register

[solved] Wake from Sleep always reboot and PM never goes below 3Ghz in IvyBridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sony Vaio SVS13A25PBS
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm facing some problems after 10.12.6 update:
Laptop never wakes from sleep, instead it reboots.
Power Management never goes below 3Ghz in "Intel Power Gadget"

What I tried:
- Almost any flag in Clover's ACPI section
- Patching DSDT / SSDTs in Maciasl and via Clover Hotpatch
- ssdtPRGen.sh limiting turbo speed seem to not have any effect

I don't have more ideas to try, so I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• CollectData.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
I'm facing some problems after 10.12.6 update:
Laptop never wakes from sleep, instead it reboots.
Power Management never goes below 3Ghz in "Intel Power Gadget"

What I tried:
- Almost any flag in Clover's ACPI section
- Patching DSDT / SSDTs in Maciasl and via Clover Hotpatch
- ssdtPRGen.sh limiting turbo speed seem to not have any effect

I don't have more ideas to try, so I appreciate any help.

Problems:
- MacBookPro9,1 is not correct for the hardware in your profile.
- USB is not implemented correctly
- you forgot to press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover (ACPI/origin files are 4 days old)

Sorry, I forgot to update my signature to current laptop:
Now it's done.

Real hardware:
Sony SVS13A25PBS - i7-3520 - HD4000

Sorry, I forgot to update my signature to current laptop:
Now it's done.

Real hardware:
Sony SVS13A25PBS - i7-3520 - HD4000

You need to read the rest of post #2.

Now I've updated the original *.aml (Clover F4); (I thought this would never change, so never need to update it, if I not changed hardware and bios/uefi);

I have USB implementation as per guide (actually what I understand from the guide):
- Remove unused ports using "uia_exclude=" boot parameter;
- set the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl to only have the ports my hardware uses;
- install USBInjectAll.kext;
From IOReg I only see the ports my machine uses, and all ports seems to work with USB2 and USB3.

Attachments

• CollectData.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
Now I implemented USB power injection as the guide states. USBX is present on IOReg.

Attachments

• CollectData.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
Now I implemented USB power injection as the guide states. USBX is present on IOReg.

No need to provide updates until you have a question or issue.

Almost 1 month trying and I don't have even how to construct a question...

I am writing again because I've just reinstalled Sierra and the problems are identical: Speed Step never goes below 3Ghz and Wake always reboot my laptop. Latest clover (4200) is generating SSDT-7.aml via F4 (previous versions were not creating this SSDT-7). But using this new SSDT does not change the behavior.

It drives me crazy because USB Bluetooth (internal to Wifi uPCIe) sometimes works, sometimes not.
The internal camera works randomly too, and when the camera is not enumerated, sleep uses to work.
Anyone could give me an horizon to look at?! I have tried every single fix via Clover and DSDT I found.

Almost 1 month trying and I don't have even how to construct a question...

I am writing again because I've just reinstalled Sierra and the problems are identical: Speed Step never goes below 3Ghz and Wake always reboot my laptop. Latest clover (4200) is generating SSDT-7.aml via F4 (previous versions were not creating this SSDT-7). But using this new SSDT does not change the behavior.

It drives me crazy because USB Bluetooth (internal to Wifi uPCIe) sometimes works, sometimes not.
The internal camera works randomly too, and when the camera is not enumerated, sleep uses to work.
Anyone could give me an horizon to look at?! I have tried every single fix via Clover and DSDT I found.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry, I did not reply because I f*d my installation and even the battery status is showing 0% and seems to not work anymore.
So I decided reinstall from ground, but I will wait for final High Sierra availability on monday.

Thank you very much so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back