Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] VoodooHDA Volume Slider Control Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your time in helping people with this ! I have a HP 8470p running 10.10 - clover

voodoohda 2.8.5 - Every thing worked !

However ever I had too .....

Method 2
1. Drag VoodooHDA.kext to desktop from System/Library/Extensions/
2.Right click, Show pkg contents. open Info.plist in Contents folder.
3. Press Command-F (^F for search) and search for the string "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" (without the quotes). Change the value from false to true. Save the file.
4.Do the same for VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix
5.Install with Kext Ultility.
6. Fix your permitions and clear your caches.
7. Reboot the system. Volume controls now work

Sorry to open this subject again, but I have 2 small questions regarding this procedure:

I did change the value from false to true on the VoodooHDA.kext. However I did it directly in the EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other...
I also did it on the VoodooHDA.kext I have in my Library/Extensions. could someone tell me if it's ok this way? Or...what should I do? I dont have the VoodooHDA (ver. 2.8.8) installed in my S/L/E (and I think that's how it should now be).

After that should I put the kext on the desktop and reinstall it with KextBeast or Kext Utility or am I OK if I edit it directly in the folder?

The second thing is, how do I fix my permission and clear the caches after this? I normally use Onyx but since i already had so many kernel panics since I entered the Hackintosh world, I like to doucle check everything.

Sorry if these are basic questions. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks. Works in 10.12.6 and Voodoo 2.8.8 :D

Hello,

For anyone having issues with VoodooHDA not honoring the system volume settings (i.e you move the slider but the volume does not change), I've discovered the following trick (after many kp) which works with VoodooHDA version 0.2.6.2 and above (I'm using MacOSX 10.6.8):

1. Set the volume to max both on System Volume settings and VoodooHDA preferences pane (the PCM output in particular).
2. Open the Terminal and go to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents directory.
3. Type the command: sudo nano -w Info.plist.
4. Press CONTROL-W (^W for search) and search for the string "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" (without the quotes). Change the value from false to true. Save the file.
5. Fix your permitions and clear your caches.
6. Reboot the system. Volume controls now work :D

Thanx so much!!!! Works on Sierra!!

Tried this and works perfectly on HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G1 running HS. Thanks

It didn't worked for me on Dell E5420 running Sierra.
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 8.22.43 AM.png

Doesn't work for me, too :( High Sierra 10.13..

VoodooHDA 2.9.1 has given me audio in Mojave on my HP 2000 laptop when nothing else seemed to work. I just need to fix the volume too quiet and I'll be good to go.

Thanks. Working in my Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back