[solved] VoodooHDA.kext kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y530
CPU
i7 8750-H | 16GB Ram
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 1920x1080 | Nvidia GTX 1050 (4GB)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello again! i have a problem, finally i could install sierra on my laptop core i5 4200u hd4400 everything is working great! but when i try to install voodoohda it result in a kernel panic at booting (after the characteristical sound that makes voodoo when is injecting the sound), tried removing applehda, installing diferent voodoo`s, nothing seems to work, any chance to make it work? tried to inject realtek alc but it says no codec detected, this machine is a generic chinese laptop, doesn`t have any information about the audio codec, only DPCI manager...maybe some dsdt patch to make voodoo workable?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-10-13 a las 20.25.53.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-10-13 a las 20.25.53.png
    961.2 KB · Views: 954
Hello again! i have a problem, finally i could install sierra on my laptop core i5 4200u hd4400 everything is working great! but when i try to install voodoohda it result in a kernel panic at booting (after the characteristical sound that makes voodoo when is injecting the sound), tried removing applehda, installing diferent voodoo`s, nothing seems to work, any chance to make it work? tried to inject realtek alc but it says no codec detected, this machine is a generic chinese laptop, doesn`t have any information about the audio codec, only DPCI manager...maybe some dsdt patch to make voodoo workable?

Using patched AppleHDA is covered in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    45.3 KB · Views: 286
no way! I can't fix it! applied all the fixes in the tutorial, can't make it sound, and voodoohda makes kernel panic!!! can you take a look at my DSDT?

Does the AppleHDA you're trying to use require layout-id 14? (because your DSDT is patched for it).

Does the AppleHDA you're trying to use require layout-id 14? (because your DSDT is patched for it).
In windows it says realtek alc269, layout id of the kext is 13, i patched the dsdt with layout id 12 and change it to 13 before patch, compile and save, later use one of the reaaltek alc269 patches, custom applehda, and applehdainjrctor13 reboot and nothing

In windows it says realtek alc269, layout id of the kext is 13, i patched the dsdt with layout id 12 and change it to 13 before patch, compile and save, later use one of the reaaltek alc269 patches, custom applehda, and applehdainjrctor13 reboot and nothing

What is applehdainjrctor13?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

What is applehdainjrctor13?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks! here goes the zip!

Attachments

• rehabman.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 234
Your kextcache output shows no patched AppleHDA components are installed.
sorry I replace the patched one with the vanilla original kext, now Im using this kexthttps://github.com/insanelydeepak/Patched-AppleHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/blob/master/Laptop's/AppleHDA-276.26-ALC269.zip

sorry I replace the patched one with the vanilla original kext, now Im using this kexthttps://github.com/insanelydeepak/Patched-AppleHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/blob/master/Laptop's/AppleHDA-276.26-ALC269.zip

Your kextcache shows no patched AppleHDA components installed.
If the files you provided do not represent what you're actually doing, provide updated files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back