Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Ventura/Sonoma - Random (Scheduled PM) Wake from Sleep

Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. I'm on MacOS Ventura (13.2.1), SMBIOS MacBookPro14,2. (Laptop).
Cleaned and locked "com.apple.AutoWake.plist", pmset -g sched returns nothing. Restarted a lot of times. I checked, AutoWake plist is not being overwritten.
Log: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
Code:
2023-03-19 18:20:59.645140+0600  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-03-19 18:20:59.645143+0600  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-03-19 18:26:27.188518+0600  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-03-19 18:26:27.188522+0600  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. I'm on MacOS Ventura (13.2.1), SMBIOS MacBookPro14,2. (Laptop).
Cleaned and locked "com.apple.AutoWake.plist", pmset -g sched returns nothing. Restarted a lot of times. I checked, AutoWake plist is not being overwritten.

Hummm,

Strange that pmset -g sched returns nothing, but you're still getting (Alarm) wakes in the log. It maybe something to do with the fact that you're using a mobile SMBIOS. Not sure what else to suggest as the solution has worked well both for me and multiple other users.

Will try and find some time to look into it on my laptop hack and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@JomirSky as you are using a laptop, can you confirm the following:
  1. Which systemwide power settings you are using.
    1. Post a screenshot of the Terminal output/result of sudo pmset-g
    2. Are you using Hibernatemode 0, 3 or 25?
    3. Do you have PowerNap enabled?
  2. Do you have a custom USBPorts.kext for your system?
    1. Provide a copy so we can see what you are using.
  3. Do you have any RTC 'fixes' applied to your system, i.e. SSDT, kext or other?

@jaymonkey Thanks.

@Edhawk
Hi, this is from terminal:
autopoweroff 0
lowpowermode 0
standbydelayhigh 1
autopoweroffdelay 1
standbydelaylow 1
standby 0
proximitywake 0
ttyskeepawake 0
hibernatemode 0
powernap 0
gpuswitch 2
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
highstandbythreshold 1
displaysleep 10
womp 0
networkoversleep 0
sleep 60
acwake 0
halfdim 1
disksleep 15
I'm using USBMap.kext, which is working properly (confirmed from ioreg). Exact same mapping worked on Mojave. (Sorry can't attach kext here)

Do you have any RTC 'fixes' applied to your system, i.e. SSDT, kext or other?
No. According to dortania site, I don't need RTC patch (My dsdt doesn't have ACPI000E HID). Also I don't get any RTC related panic, so I didn't think it's needed.

In fact, my hack is running smoothly just like real mac. Even this RTC wake scheduling is also functioning properly, occasionally waking and going to sleep itself without any problem. I just hate this automatic wake, that's what I'm trying to disable.

Last edited:
OK, the systemwide power settings look fine, in that there is nothing present that would automatically call the RTC automatic wake.

Have you tried enabling the 'Disable RTC Wake Scheduling' kernel patch in your config.plist?

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 21.42.26.png

Have you tried enabling the 'Disable RTC Wake Scheduling' kernel patch in your config.plist?
Wow, worked perfectly. I don't know how I missed this patch. Thank you so much.

@Edhawk,

Good spot, I missed the RTC prefix on the (Alarm) entries in @JomirSky's log dump in Post #21.

Although RTC wakes have a similar symptom, they are a different problem and not really the same issue of scheduled PM wakes. The guide in post #1 includes information on how to differentiate between Scheduled PM (Alarm) wakes and RTC (Alarm) wakes and how to use the OpenCore kernel patch to disable RTC wakes.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Sorry not sure if this should go here or if I should start a new thread.

Since the upgrade to 13.2.1 I have noticed that I get random wakes in the middle of the night, for example the two below from early this morning:

2023-03-30 00:32:50.228778+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI

2023-03-30 00:32:50.228779+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI

2023-03-30 04:26:43.702386+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI

2023-03-30 04:26:43.702387+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI

Any suggestion on what it could be, as it was all okay before with the changes suggested in Post 1.

Thank you

That is usually the sign of USB issues, either USB power issues or a bad USB hub/port(s).

Do the following:
  1. Disconnect each and every USB device from your system.
  2. Plug in your Keyboard and mouse only, assuming they are using a USB connection(s).
    • Try the front USB2 or bottom pair of USB2 ports on the rear of the Dell SFF case.
  3. Boot the system and see if the XDCI wake reason reappears.
    • If not, then the ports you are using for your Keyboard and mouse should be good.
    • If yes, try your keyboard and mouse in a different pair of USB ports, until you find a pair of ports that work without raising the XDCI wake issue.
  4. When you have a pair or ports that work without issue for your keyboard and mouse, then start adding your USB devices back in to your system, one at a time.
    • Test each and every device/port combination, until you find the one or more ports that are causing the XDCI wake issue.
Once you have found the suspect port(s) you should exclude it/them from your USBPorts.kext, assuming you have created a USBPorts.kext.

That is usually the sign of USB issues, either USB power issues or a bad USB hub/port(s).

Do the following:
  1. Disconnect each and every USB device from your system.
  2. Plug in your Keyboard and mouse only, assuming they are using a USB connection(s).
    • Try the front USB2 or bottom pair of USB2 ports on the rear of the Dell SFF case.
  3. Boot the system and see if the XDCI wake reason reappears.
    • If not, then the ports you are using for your Keyboard and mouse should be good.
    • If yes, try your keyboard and mouse in a different pair of USB ports, until you find a pair of ports that work without raising the XDCI wake issue.
  4. When you have a pair or ports that work without issue for your keyboard and mouse, then start adding your USB devices back in to your system, one at a time.
    • Test each and every device/port combination, until you find the one or more ports that are causing the XDCI wake issue.
Once you have found the suspect port(s) you should exclude it/them from your USBPorts.kext, assuming you have created a USBPorts.kext.
Thank you Sir, Yes have created USBPorts.kext, will do as suggested and see how it goes.

Edit: keyboard is usb, mouse is apple mouse connection via BT dongle.

Thank you

Back