Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - I have followed the post from Marioesantana, double checked that files are present, and run the Terminal commands twice. DVD player still produces the 70012 error. I am running Yosemite on a new build. What information can I provide in order to try to get some suggestions on what to try next? Thanks.

Intel 4820
ASUS X79D
GTX 760

This little script worked for me in ML 10.8.1. I got the -70012 error when I changed the sata port my DVD drive was connected to. DVDs would show on the desktop and System report still showed the drive connected. So I ran the script and selected internal first (no joy) then external and DVD player worked again. Hope this works for some of you guys too.

View attachment 29660

THX!! The original fix posted didn't work for me in 10.10.1 but this script did. :thumbup:

How do I put back the backup copy? I tried this in 10.10.1 and now when I launch DVD app, I get the tattle-tale that wants to send it back to Big Brother that I did something, BAD!

How do I put back the backup copy? I tried this in 10.10.1 and now when I launch DVD app, I get the tattle-tale that wants to send it back to Big Brother that I did something, BAD!

Thanks to all, I read throughout all of the tips and some things helped too not get the error or the resulting crash box.. So Far

And I also found I could use the free Leaw Blu-ray Player 1.8.5 http://tinyurl.com/pn244hb , with my stock external CDDVDW OWC Mercury USB3 Drive. With the help of tonymacx86 friends, Cult of Mac and LifeHacker all showing me the way.

Again Thanks to all,
@bjc7
Barry

01-19-2015, 11:26 AM

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by macace911

This little script worked for me in ML 10.8.1. I got the -70012 error when I changed the sata port my DVD drive was connected to. DVDs would show on the desktop and System report still showed the drive connected. So I ran the script and selected internal first (no joy) then external and DVD player worked again. Hope this works for some of you guys too.

Attachment 29660

quote_icon.png
THX!! The original fix posted didn't work for me in 10.10.1 but this script did. :thumbup:

Thanks, macace911 & Harkness
Maverick 10.9.5
Hello, again, Lol I put everything back and tried the Script again, yeah! this worked the best, great job! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 29660

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2 on a Gigabyte Z77x-ud5h mobo w/ Intel 3570k i5 processor. My internal SATA drive kept having the same error when DVD Player was launched. The Lion DVD framework file did not work, and the "patched DVD framework" did not work either. The DVD Drive Switcher script did!!! I opened the script, selected "external" (even though my drive was internal) and DVD Player now works. Thanks! :thumbup:

[SOLVED] Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012 - Maverick

It works for me on Maverick 10.9.5. Thank you very much!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Wow. thanks! worked like a charm; fast, easy, and painless ;)

Was setting up this HP DC5800 with Mac OS X 10.9.5, 4G [667mhz] ram, PowerColor HD5450 1G DDR3, and had swapped the original [internal] DVD connection with a 64GB SSD. Having previously had no problems with data disks and OS disks etc, it was at first puzzling to get the dreaded -70012 error.

Hours later, I stumble across this forum, and Viola! swish Bam! done it with that nifty little DVD Drive Switcher app. Thank you so much, and all the folks here at TonyMac--been a real blessing to me in my hacintosh adventures!
warmgeoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back