Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant stuff! Many thanks - I recently built my first "hack" and this had me struggling for a while.....now all works beautifully.

Steve

Muchas Gracias !!!! Me funciono a la PERFECCION !!!

Oye amigo. Puedes explicarme cómo le hiciste? no entiendo muy bien el inglés y también tengo este problema. GRacias!!

This little script worked for me in ML 10.8.1. I got the -70012 error when I changed the sata port my DVD drive was connected to. DVDs would show on the desktop and System report still showed the drive connected. So I ran the script and selected internal first (no joy) then external and DVD player worked again. Hope this works for some of you guys too.

View attachment 29660

On my newest build I put in a Blue Ray burner (PIONEER BD-RW BDR-208D), this little app helped me!! Thank you!!

Attached is a copy of the DVDPlayback.framework from a working virtual copy of Lion.

Move your current version of DVDPlayback.framework to the Desktop and extract the attached version in: /System/Library/Frameworks.
Run the commands again, hopefully that should do the trick.

Also included a patched version that you can try.
Personally skipped patching the Mountain Lion framework, patched the attached one instead to fix the error.

Let me know what you find.

I had to preform this step first using the Patched version of the download you posted in post #3 of this thread.

Then followed with these steps from post #1.

Not sure if anyone else encountered this issue after upgrading to ML, but kept getting a "Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012" when playing a DVD or Blu-Ray disc on drives previously working in Lion.

To fix this error, run the following commands in Terminal:

Step 1 - Create a backup of DVDPlayback.framework

sudo cp /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback.bak

Step 2 - Patch DVDPlayback

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x49\x6E\x74\x65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|\x45\x78\x74\x 65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|g' /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback

Now playback, eject, and auto sleep should be working again. If these steps don't work, try copying the DVDPlayback.framework from a working Lion installation, then run the commands. Good luck!

Thank you so much. That was the final step to getting my 10.8.4 system completely running.:D

Like the others, just placed the patched framework into /System/Library/Frameworks and it worked great! Thanks marioesantana!

I just need to choose the DVD drive to finish the shopping list for my first build for Mountain Lion.

I don't find Sony Optiarc. The trick works with any of these models?:

Asus DRW-24B5ST/BLK1
Asus DH0003ER-SB
LG GH24NS90
LG GH24NS95
Pioneer DVR-220LBK

Thanks in advance

I just need to choose the DVD drive to finish the shopping list for my first build for Mountain Lion.

I don't find Sony Optiarc. The trick works with any of these models?:

Asus DRW-24B5ST/BLK1
Asus DH0003ER-SB
LG GH24NS90
LG GH24NS95
Pioneer DVR-220LBK

Thanks in advance

I used a LiteOn iHAS124 - it worked out the box, plugged it in, powered up the computer and it works fine. The Pioneer probably works fine also as Apple has used Pioneer optical drives in real Macs. The LiteOn is supposed to be the same as the Sony drive listed in the buyers guide.

Adrian B

I've got a PIONEER BD-RW BDR-208D.
I've applied the DVDPlayback.framework (patched). Before that the system was totally unrecognizable. Now it appears on the System Info. But when I put a DVD disk inside the Apple DVD player doesn't find any "Valid DVD unit".

Anyone could help me on this?

Thanks!

PIONEER BD-RW BDR-208D:

Revisión del firmware: 1,10
Interconexión: ATAPI
Soporte de grabación: Sí (compatibilidad con unidades genéricas)
Ruta del perfil: Ninguno
Caché: 4000 KB
Leer DVD: Sí
Grabar CD: -R, -RW
Grabar DVD: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Escritura BD: -R, -RE
Estrategias de escritura: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Soporte:
Tipo: DVD+R DL
ID: RICOHJPN D01
Vacío: No
Borrable: No
Regrabable: No
Abierto: No

Attached is a copy of the DVDPlayback.framework from a working virtual copy of Lion.

Move your current version of DVDPlayback.framework to the Desktop and extract the attached version in: /System/Library/Frameworks.
Run the commands again, hopefully that should do the trick.

Also included a patched version that you can try.
Personally skipped patching the Mountain Lion framework, patched the attached one instead to fix the error.

Let me know what you find.

All I did was replace the original framework with your patched version. Works like a charm. Running 10.6.3, did not have to run any script.

Thanks. That made it real easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back