Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the three ways working for me on OS X 10.8.2 (12c60)

Thanks..

GRRRRR unable to get working, just keeps bouncing back with dvd player quit unexpectedly, tried first with zipped dvdplayback.framwork and then tried the patched zip, strange though DVD Player was working fine after updated to 10.8.2 then after reboot no joy, dvd drive switcher internal takes back to [-70012] instantly and external gives quit unexpectedly, just in circle with this one, the same both drives internal and external work sweet with 10.7.2 oh well will have to use VLC for now.:crazy:

None of these methods are presently working for me with my GA-P55-UD2 which has a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB (DVD player crashes when a video DVD is put in the drive; it does however read and write data DVD's). The GA-H55M-USB3 however plays video DVD's fine with the patched AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext (thanks to Dil83). It has an Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260S. Any help would be appreciated. :)

E2A have also installed the supplementary 10.8.2 update which incudes a new dvd playback framework on both machines

E2A (again) it has something to do with my gfx card on the p55-ud2 (XFX ATI Raedon 5800 series) I had an app that wasn't working and set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in chameleon and now that works fine but also the dvd player now tries to work but asks me to set the region but when I do it quits unexpectedly. Vlc plays dvd's so i will settle for that lol.

Thank you ever so much

Thanks! The patched one worked great.

Yes, Yes! It works :). Thank You.

I just used DVDPlayback.framework(patched).zip and replaced the folder in /System/Library/Frameworks. Again, thank you very much that was a lot of help.

Success! The patched framework switch worked for me without any issue.

I got my LG Bluray player working...somewhat. It loads and mounts the disc, I can rip from it, the eject button works...but now when I load a Video DVD into the drive, DVD player says the copyright protection cannot be verified and it forces me to quit. Any thoughts on this?

Update: not sure what happened, but it's working like a charm now! Go figure.

Seems like this is a great solution for the more advanced users, willing to personally give it a shot and report back my findings. @twiztidninja, what DSDT editor did you use, and do you have a more detailed tutorial courtesy of PJALM? Uploaded my unedited AML file. I'm using DSDTSE, but feels like I'm missing a step after compiling the edited DSDT file.

WARNING: Installing an improperly edited DSDT file with Multibeast will completely corrupt your Mountain Lion installation! Attempting to recover your install by using different Chimera boot options or a Unibeast USB drive may not be possible.

Non-advanced users, stick to the safer patched DVDPlayback framework solution for now. Hopefully your motherboard's DSDT file is eventually updated to incorporate this fix. @twiztidninja thanks for the insight/post, look forward to hearing back from you.

And thanks to everyone for continuing to express your gratitude!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/73254-h67ma-ud2h-b3-f8-fixed.html#post454955

this is my dsdt that i edited a bit from what i downloaded from the dsdt database if u modifie urs the same way i did mine it should fix this problem

also it fixes your icons showing external when they should be showing internal on mountain lion

seems like a better solution imo

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F10.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back