Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No go for me as well any of above solutions. However, my DVDPlayer now is working good!!!

My solution:

1. I downloaded 0xED.tar.bz2, don't ask me where I found it. This HEX Editor to do this job.
2. Open DVDPlayback located at /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A folder.
3. Using Find& Replace command "Internal" to "External", 3 to 4 entries on DVDPlayback file.
4. With Get Info for this file, changed the "Sharing&Permissions" for "everyone" to "Read&Write".
5. Started DVDPlayer, don't need to reboot/restart MAC OS.

Playing DVDs on my HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS35( this is a LG BluRay Burner).

Unfortunately, I didn't find any BluRay Player yet for my GIG. Any suggestions will be fine!

Have a nice DAY.

Chinese Proverb: Try to save the dead horse as if it is still alive!!!

Never give up building H a c k i n t o s h ! ! !

no go here with any of the 3 possible solutions. Anyone else working with basic litescribe 24x having issues?

I incorporated the DVD drive fix into IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and also AHCI_3rd_Party_SATA.kext. You can see what I added to the plist in the file to inject the DVD drives as "Internal", and you can also download both of the kexts here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/60793-eject-button-ml-2.html#post397207

Keep in mind that you only need to use one of the kexts for the fix. Use whichever one you normally use. This fixes DVD Player, Eject Button, and shows DVD drives as internal without patching existing frameworks or using 3rd Party apps.

Dil83

Playing DVDs on my HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS35( this is a LG BluRay Burner).

Unfortunately, I didn't find any BluRay Player yet for my GIG. Any suggestions will be fine!

I use this software to play Bluray's on my hack and it works fine: http://www.macblurayplayer.com

Unfortunately it's not free, and it requires an internet connection to function.

Dil83

EDIT: They may have updated the software to no longer require an internet connection

Thanks for posting these instructions. I am fully operational now.

Thanks marioesantana! The patched version of DVDPlayback.framework seems to work for me (GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 with Sony Optiarc BD-5300S+S)
This was the last issue I had with my Hackintosh ML installation - everything seems to work fine now.
Thanks again!

Paul

Not sure if anyone else encountered this issue after upgrading to ML, but kept getting a "Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012" when playing a DVD or Blu-Ray disc on drives previously working in Lion.

To fix this error, run the following commands in Terminal:

Step 1 - Create a backup of DVDPlayback.framework

sudo cp /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback.bak

Step 2 - Patch DVDPlayback

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x49\x6E\x74\x65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|\x45\x78\x74\x65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|g' /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback

Now playback, eject, and auto sleep should be working again. If these steps don't work, try copying the DVDPlayback.framework from a working Lion installation, then run the commands. Good luck!

I have a stock standard build based on all of the recommended build based on Z77-DS3H, i5-3570K, GT640

I installed 10.8.1 with out a DVD drive. Recently upgraded to 10.8.2, installed a DVD drive Sony Optiarc 7280S.

Was getting DVD player quit unexpectedly error.

Just copied the dvdplayer.framework (working Lion) into the framework directory and it worked..

Thank you!!

Attached is a copy of the DVDPlayback.framework from a working virtual copy of Lion.

Move your current version of DVDPlayback.framework to the Desktop and extract the attached version in: /System/Library/Frameworks.
Run the commands again, hopefully that should do the trick.

Also included a patched version that you can try.
Personally skipped patching the Mountain Lion framework, patched the attached one instead to fix the error.

Let me know what you find.

Absolutely Fantastic , your patched Framework Work straight away. Now i have a complete ML on a Latitude E6400

Thanks again

Now I'm going to make a perfect install of ML for the Latitude E6400 with Nvidia

The above fixes were working for me in 10.8.1.

Now in 10.8.2 neither of the 3 processes are getting me past the 70012 error. I also notice that my system information no longer even shows having a dvd drive installed

I incorporated the DVD drive fix into IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and also AHCI_3rd_Party_SATA.kext. You can see what I added to the plist in the file to inject the DVD drives as "Internal", and you can also download both of the kexts here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/60793-eject-button-ml-2.html#post397207

Keep in mind that you only need to use one of the kexts for the fix. Use whichever one you normally use. This fixes DVD Player, Eject Button, and shows DVD drives as internal without patching existing frameworks or using 3rd Party apps.

Dil83

Your linked patched worked for me after restoring my dvdframework - as I had 1st tried the framework fix which did not work for me. My DVD is know recognised as a SATA device and is shown as internal. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back