Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This little script worked for me in ML 10.8.1. I got the -70012 error when I changed the sata port my DVD drive was connected to. DVDs would show on the desktop and System report still showed the drive connected. So I ran the script and selected internal first (no joy) then external and DVD player worked again. Hope this works for some of you guys too.

View attachment DVDDriveSwitcher.zip

Thanks for this! Worked for me, too.

marioesantana that is great. I used the patched frame work and it worked like charm. Thanks very much :D

Great! Big thanks to marioesantana! The patched framework is working for me as well. I am so happy now ;-)

The patched file worked perfect on mine.Thanks for the file and help

Pached framework works perfect!
Thank you marioesantana.

Patched file also worked for me. Didn't even needed to reboot.
Thank you.

A month later after posting this fix, glad to see that many others are still benefitting from my noobish contribution.
Real props goes to tonymacx86 and the team for creating a portal that allows this to happen.

And to all who have expressed thanks - you're very welcome!
Hard to get rid of this cheesy bedtime smile. :D

This little script worked for me in ML 10.8.1. I got the -70012 error when I changed the sata port my DVD drive was connected to. DVDs would show on the desktop and System report still showed the drive connected. So I ran the script and selected internal first (no joy) then external and DVD player worked again. Hope this works for some of you guys too.

View attachment 29660

Thanks for this... got me up and going.

no go here with any of the 3 possible solutions. Anyone else working with basic litescribe 24x having issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back