Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I installed the patched framework and then ran the patch code. Worked finally. Thanks.

Works Amazing!

Awesome! Just used the patched files to make the DVD drive I yanked out of my laptop work as an external USB drive. (Never had this problem when it was internal attached to SATA port.) Great work, thanks.

Not sure if anyone else encountered this issue after upgrading to ML, but kept getting a "Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012" when playing a DVD or Blu-Ray disc on drives previously working in Lion.

To fix this error, run the following commands in Terminal:

Step 1 - Create a backup of DVDPlayback.framework

sudo cp /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback.bak

Step 2 - Patch DVDPlayback

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x49\x6E\x74\x65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|\x45\x78\x74\x65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|g' /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback

Now playback, eject, and auto sleep should be working again. If these steps don't work, try copying the DVDPlayback.framework from a working Lion installation, then run the commands. Good luck!

Worked perfect for me! Customac mini 2011 hardware, (h61 mobo), with this Asus DVD drive from Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

I have tried all of the solutions here and I am at a loss.

I am running 10.7.5 a Dell Optiplex 745 Core 2 duo and an Nvidia GT 220.

The dvd player used to work fine until I upgraded from 10.7.2.

I could use some suggestions. If you need more info I can get it to you.

tony

Attached is a copy of the DVDPlayback.framework from a working virtual copy of Lion.

Move your current version of DVDPlayback.framework to the Desktop and extract the attached version in: /System/Library/Frameworks.
Run the commands again, hopefully that should do the trick.

Also included a patched version that you can try.
Personally skipped patching the Mountain Lion framework, patched the attached one instead to fix the error.

Let me know what you find.

I was getting this error after recently upgrading my Hackintosh build to 10.8.2, and the patched file and your terminal commands above took care of it perfectly.

Thank you very much!

Attached is a copy of the DVDPlayback.framework from a working virtual copy of Lion.

Move your current version of DVDPlayback.framework to the Desktop and extract the attached version in: /System/Library/Frameworks.
Run the commands again, hopefully that should do the trick.

Also included a patched version that you can try.
Personally skipped patching the Mountain Lion framework, patched the attached one instead to fix the error.

Let me know what you find.

I used the DVDPlayback.framework(patched).zip file and it worked great for me. Thanks for the fix!

Well, my hope was that the next OS update would fix this issue, so I didn't use the patched file at first as I didn't need the DVD player urgently. But now that 10.8.3 is out and the issue still persists I took your patched framework and (of course) it helped instantly. Thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back