Contribute
Register

[solved] USB3 _PRW 0x0D or 0x6D for instant wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh ok, then maybe the hotpatch is required in your case?

I believe that Rehabman's "full hotpatch" as explained here is required in my case. Unless my motherboard's DSDT is unique (possible, but unlikely), there are others who will incorrectly apply the simple replacement patch without actually addressing USB Wake.

what other patches are in your DSDT?
I just noticed this question that I didn't answer - there are multiple patches to my DSDT (applied manually, not with Clover config.plist). None of them conflict with the USB Wake patch.

Last edited:
@Feartech After I ran my test with your suggested Clover config.plist DSDT replacement patch, I noticed that your patch was for (0x6D, 0x04) while my DSDT uses (0x0D, 0x04). I corrected the config.plist patch and re-ran the test. The result was the same: the simple Clover config.plist replacement patch does not prevent USB Wake on my motherboard. If you have time to recheck the new problem reporting files that I attached to Post #27 (just to be certain that I correctly applied your suggested replacement patch), that would be great. Thanks again for your help. The simple replacement that I tried is

Comment: Change GPRW 0x0D, 0x04 to GPRW 0x0D, 0x00
Find: 47505257 0A0D0A04
Replace: 47505257 0A0D0A00

@Feartech After I ran my test with your suggested Clover config.plist DSDT replacement patch, I noticed that your patch was for (0x6D, 0x04) while my DSDT uses (0x0D, 0x04). I corrected the config.plist patch and re-ran the test. The result was the same: the simple Clover config.plist replacement patch does not prevent USB Wake on my motherboard. If you have time to recheck the new problem reporting files that I attached to Post #27 (just to be certain that I correctly applied your suggested replacement patch), that would be great. Thanks again for your help. The simple replacement that I tried is

Comment: Change GPRW 0x0D, 0x04 to GPRW 0x0D, 0x00
Find: 47505257 0A0D0A04
Replace: 47505257 0A0D0A00
you may want to try adding the dsm rename

Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change _DSM to XDSM</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X0RTTQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WERTTQ==</data>
                </dict>

you may want to try adding the dsm rename

@Feartech I'm still applying my DSDT patches manually (not using Clover hot patching). Crazy I know, but it's still my preferred method. I am only referencing Rehabman's Hotpatch thread because it explains what I need to apply manually for Method (GPRW) (different from the simple 0x0D -> 0x00 replacement). I realize that the manual application of DSDT patches to old DSDTs is becoming a lost art and is no longer as useful for newer systems (which is why I'd like to learn hot patching). For my TH55HD DSDT, my DSDT patches are all manual, so the _DSM to XDSM rename is not necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back