Contribute
Register

-=SOLVED=-USB problem. Can't connect devices without lockup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 GAMING X AX
CPU
i5-13600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I managed to get my P6T Deluxe to listen to Hackintosh and everything is working fine.
However, whenever I plugin a USB device, it forces me to reboot.
This happend after I decided to copy the /extra folder from my UniBeast to my Harddrive in order to boot from the HD. MultiBeast and Chimera didn't work for me and kept ending up in totally reinstalling OS Lion.

My keyboard and mouse are connected to the USB ports and work fine.
But whenever I plugin a USB device it locks up and forces me to reboot.

I want to be able and connect my ext. HD to run TimeMachine.

Anyone got a suggestion how to fix this?

-=SOLVED=-

Thanks in advance

you should post your solution next time in case someone searches.

Hey Devilis

Are you running Lion on your machine? About every other startup I get a KP from my IOUSB family of kexts and plugging into a USB port with my seagate external will sometimes cause a panic as well. I set my computer to transfer ~180GB from my main drive to my USB drive and woek up with it about 66% complete, finder frozen. I believe these are all related. I have also recently installed the trial for paragon ntfs, but when I uninstall that, I still have external drive issues. Everything in the post you linked to seems to be from 10.6 so I just wanted to verify that you are on lion before I go messing about with my USB kexts.

Thanks

I'm on 10.7.4 :)

Works like a charm for me.
I just have to find a way now to be able and reboot with the ext. HD connected because my Bios detects it and wants to boot from it :-/

Awesome, I will have to give it a try when I get home. And I concur on changing your boot order, you may have put USB first to install with unibeast, swap it back to HDD first and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back