GTX 780 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Hi,

i really need some help here, today i tried to install a new system. Its based on:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7
CPU: Intel i7700K

All my USB busses are continuously dropping out, even during installation of Sierra. The behaviour is like this:

- Keyboard and mouse working for like 100ms.
- Keyboard and mouse dead for +/- 1 sec.
- over and over..

I can hardly use my mouse or type anything on the keyboard. So i have been digging a bit.. and found out the -v -f bootflags.. which lead me to what i think is the problem. The log is flooded with these messages:

AppleUSBHostResources@: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming success
SS01@15100000: AppleUSBXHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to start device
SS01@15100000: AppleUSBXHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to create device (0xe00002e9)

Even with all this errors and dropping USB ports i was able to install Sierra from USB stick. But it isn't workable. I found a topic which said that i need to inject "XHCI-200-series-injector.kext" but i cant find the file anywhere.

Can somebody please help me out... :'( Ps. sorry for my bad english its not my native language.
Thanks in advance,

Best,

Bastiaan

20394546_10207929178587664_1350040870_o.jpg

Even with all this errors and dropping USB ports i was able to install Sierra from USB stick. But it isn't workable. I found a topic which said that i need to inject "XHCI-200-series-injector.kext" but i cant find the file anywhere.
Install MultiBeast > Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series

Enables USB 2.0 and 3.0 support on 200 Series motherboards. Adds Raise Port Limit Patch to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and installs USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to /Library/Extensions.

Thanks! That was the solution indeed. It was as simple as starting Multibeat and enable the checkbox "Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back