CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’m trying todo a clean install of 10.14.2 using unibeast v9.0.0, I cannot get the usb to boot the installer. Instead clover just keeps rebooting the computer automatically. After selecting the install usb.
I only used the default unibeast config.plist and uefi.
Clover goes reboots right after the ++++++++++++++

I’ve updated clover to the r4798 release and still getting the loop.

Video in the zip

Attachments

• medium.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Update I get the same issue trying to boot my backup drive.
I reset my bios to optimized defaults, and disabled virtual -d, etc as per the guide.

I get to the screen shot below and it auto reboots my rig.
A25814D7-C5CD-40C2-A7B5-51EA820529FE.jpeg

Yes ApfsDriverLoader is on my usb.

Last edited:
Update I get the same issue trying to boot my backup drive.
I reset my bios to optimized defaults, and disabled virtual -d, etc as per the guide.

I get to the screen shot below and it auto reboots my rig.
View attachment 371395

Yes ApfsDriverLoader is on my usb.

• You seem to imply you have done everything right by the book and still getting a boot failure.
    • But in almost all cases, it is a User-related omission or choice that causes such issues.
  • If you really want to get the most useful response to solve your Kernel Panic, please upload the two important factors responsible for boot crash at this very early stage, for readers to analyze with an open mind.
    • BIOS choices [Can be captured and Saved to the EFI Partition of the USB installer (Created in FAT32) automatically at the BIOS Setup by pressing F-12 key while viewing the screen one at a time until all screens of interest are captured and saved. Mount the hidden EFI Partition of USB Installer on the Mac or Hack with an EFI Mounter tool or Terminal command and find the numbered BIOS images in the FAT 32 formatted EFI Partition and view and edit using "Preview" and upload to the Forum]
    • EFI or CLOVER folder from the USB Installer disk as zipped file (After mounting the EFI Partition as above).
  • Anything short of the above two will be a guessing game by readers with hit or miss answers that will only prolong the current issue.

I have screens of my bios settings posted below. My bios settings where originally set the same as they had been for installs of MacOS 10.12.0 to 10.13.6 with no previous issues. I reset them going through a troubleshooting list to see if fixed the problem though.

Never said it was a kernel panic, I have even flagged clover not to reboot on panics. There is no panic posted ether.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited:
Success: After some searching I found that the F8 BIOS on my mobo has a error. Basically if you maker the "execute disable bit" as disable you are really enabling it. Optimized defaults will disable it, but it's marked as enabled. I have everything working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back