Hi all

System Specs:
Mobo: GA-Z270X Gaming 7 (bios ver: 7a)
CPU: i7 7700K Kabylake
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB
Storage: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD
2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Process followed:
  • I created the install USB for Sierra as instructed in the latest installation guide. However I modified the config.plist file to recognize my NVMe drives (guide from this thread) and added the Kabylake CPUID spoof (from this thread) then added the IONVMeFamily.kext to the appropriate folder.
  • I tried to follow the recommended BIOS settings as closely as I could but couldn't find the following settings to change: CFG-Lock, Secure Boot Mode and IO Serial Port. I also changed Storage Boot Option Control to EUFI Only.
  • After setting my boot priority I save and exit and then the screen just displays "missing operating system"
I am really at a loss on what I've done wrong. I'm assuming I'm missing something and somethign pretty simple too. I would appreciate any help anyone can give

Hi all

System Specs:
Mobo: GA-Z270X Gaming 7 (bios ver: 7a)
CPU: i7 7700K Kabylake
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB
Storage: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD
2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Process followed:
  • I created the install USB for Sierra as instructed in the latest installation guide. However I modified the config.plist file to recognize my NVMe drives (guide from this thread) and added the Kabylake CPUID spoof (from this thread) then added the IONVMeFamily.kext to the appropriate folder.
  • I tried to follow the recommended BIOS settings as closely as I could but couldn't find the following settings to change: CFG-Lock, Secure Boot Mode and IO Serial Port. I also changed Storage Boot Option Control to EUFI Only.
  • After setting my boot priority I save and exit and then the screen just displays "missing operating system"
I am really at a loss on what I've done wrong. I'm assuming I'm missing something and somethign pretty simple too. I would appreciate any help anyone can give

OK. Here you go:

• Shut down the Computer > Remove Power Cable> Press the Power button a couple of times to discharge any residual charge from the Capacitors.
  • Open the case under Electrostatic precautions [Electrostatic Wrist Band or touching paint free metal part of the Computer Case [Chassis] to discharge Static Electricity from you before it can fry the delicate electronic components by you handling].
  • Disconnect either the Power or Data cable of all your Hard disks EXCEPT the one you plan to install macOSSierra
  • Locate the CMOS Clear Pins or CMOS Clear button of that what your MoBo has . If it is through pins then touch the tips with a flat-head screw driver tip for 30 seconds. This way any CMOS setting corruption you might have caused by your prior troubleshoots will be cleared.
  • Reconnect the Power cable and close the case if you want or close later after everything is running OK
  • Power On the Computer and watch the screen for the message "Load Optimized Default BIOS" or similar prompt where you select "REBOOT" NOT Boot after that selection.
  • On reboot press Del key to go to BIOS Setup because the BIOS is now restored to factory settings.
  • Make sure to change the Year Month Date and Time to the current using Tab key to move, and ENTER to save changed figures you type using your keyboard.
  • Next move to BIOS and Peripherals sections to make all,the required Choices
  • I have checked your MoBo BIOS Manual from Gigabyte site and located 2 important settings you have missed.
    • Secure Boot is under Boot tab but you have to scroll down quite a bit in the listed menu all the way down to below Administrator Pass word and User Pass word section to find it. [Fortunately for you it is by default Not Active [See image]

[*]Serial Port
      is under Peripherals tab and you have to scroll down a lot to find it as sub menu of Super IO Configuration [See image] . Serial port is ENABLED by Default. You got to change it to Disabled
    • Try booting and upload images of the problem screen(s) in your post

Attachments

• Secure Boot.png
    Secure Boot.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 2,111
  • Serial Port Default is ENABLED, You should DISABLE it.png
    Serial Port Default is ENABLED, You should DISABLE it.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,970
Hi cmn699

Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately my bios does not have the options you have specified above. (see attached pics) My Bios lacks these crucial options it appears. It's completely stopped me in my tracks

Attachments

• 170714094724.jpg
    170714094724.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 170714094647.jpg
    170714094647.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,132
  • 170714094654.jpg
    170714094654.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 170714094703.jpg
    170714094703.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 964
Hi cmn699

Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately my bios does not have the options you have specified above. (see attached pics) My Bios lacks these crucial options it appears. It's completely stopped me in my tracks

I don't have your MoBo to check its BIOS Setup menu and sub-menu. As I stated in my previous post, I found the MoBO Manual from Gigabyte and opened the PDF and searched through my PDF reader to locate those setup options I posted as images.

Unfortunately you need to Disable Serial Port to proceed with Hackintosh installation.
  • Try Gigabyte Tech support http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Technical-Support [ I did not get any help when I tried this once in the past]
  • Consider Flashing the BIOS again with the same BIOS. [ Be Very Careful and this must be the last option]
  • Post in this Forum and elsewhere with Title "Missing BIOS Option GA-Z270X Gaming 7 (bios ver: 7a)" to see responses if others have had the same problem and how they managed to fix it.

Last edited:
Dear Deepstar, how did your solve this problem (guid partition)?

i searched all the day for a sollution - so many time for nothing because this was the problem THANKs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back