Contribute
Register

[Solved] USB 3.1 gen 2 working @ 99.9% on Asus Prime Z270-A | Read/Write @ 950 mb/s, Ok??

Motherboard
Z97
CPU
i5
Graphics
Gtx 760
Hi,

Completing a new built and am playing with ssdt and usb 3.1 gen 2. Read/Write @ 950-1000 mb/s. Is it 10 gb/s? Cuz in Hackintool and system report the port is still identified as 5gb/s port. But connecting the same NVMe usb-c & a external disk on a 3.1 gen1 port got around half that speed.

But my real problem is with my USB-C port. Depending on the orientation of my usb-c connector(cable) I get full speed on 1 side using [Port=PRT1]and switching plug the other side I got 480Mbps and it switch to port [PRT3]. Have tried the option in hackintool/connector type: Type-C + sw and simply with the option Type-C which is supposed to be the correct option in my case. Any idea, someone?? On Mojave 10.14.6.

**** Solved after too many modifications got the usb 3.1 gen2 showing 10gbps speed in Hackintool and usb-c port orientation doesn't matter anymore. Sorry not sure what I did, but this Mobo have everything working now ****

THanks

Last edited: