Contribute
Register

[Solved] USB 3.1 ASMedia issue in Big Sur installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome man, you're getting closer! Unfortunately I'm still trying to learn about DSDTs and all that stuff, mainly from Dortania's guide, but I guess I'm missing some key points haha!

Would you mind sharing this DSDT, if by any chance I can find something?

Plus, I don't see my USB 3.1 as PXSX, and so no name nor power support I guess :View attachment 498341

The investigation continues…
@jlanot . I did some changes to the DSDT but it did not work. The USB bus being loaded for the card is still wrong. I’m still hoping that a well known developer I reached out can sort this out. I’ll let you know if I finally solve this.

@jlanot . I did some changes to the DSDT but it did not work. The USB bus being loaded for the card is still wrong. I’m still hoping that a well known developer I reached out can sort this out. I’ll let you know if I finally solve this.
I was experiencing this exact same issue on my X299 board. I tried everything I could think of.

Thanks to @S1lla for sharing @apfelnico's creative solution in this post. Adding the ASMedia kext to my OC Kexts solved the issue for me. All issue resolved! :)

I was experiencing this exact same issue on my X299 board. I tried everything I could think of.

Thanks to @S1lla for sharing @apfelnico's creative solution in this post. Adding the ASMedia kext to my OC Kexts solved the issue for me. All issue resolved! :)
Awesome, excellent! Thanks to @Inmike09 , @apfelnico and @S1lla for this. I tested it booting Big Sur through both Clover and OpenCore and it worked!!!

Last edited:
Awesome guys, congrats! I guess I'm missing something, as still no device connected through ASMedia is recognized…
What are your SSDTs and other kext? It might be somewhere around there, or another difference since I have a different motherboard type

EDIT : I finally found a way after tweaking stuff around :banghead:, it seems related to a SSDT-EC-USBX I generated with Hackintool.
Thanks again to you all for the kext, you rock :headbang:

Last edited:
Awesome guys, congrats! I guess I'm missing something, as still no device connected through ASMedia is recognized…
What are your SSDTs and other kext? It might be somewhere around there, or another difference since I have a different motherboard type

EDIT : I finally found a way after tweaking stuff around :banghead:, it seems related to a SSDT-EC-USBX I generated with Hackintool.
Thanks again to you all for the kext, you rock :headbang:
Hi i have the same problem what did you change on SSDT-EC-USBX

Modifying power management parameters can override Apple's own safety mechanism here.

ASMedia add-ons always appear in either RP** or PXSX nodes of IOReg. Their values are there to see. Often though you find an old chipset is deprecated in Big Sur so it may, or may not behave even if you force values on it.

Upload the ASMedia.kext that is mentioned and let's take a look at it (unless it is propriety code).

I find it hard to believe ASMedia say they are using the same DeviceID for 3142 as they did for 2142. That makes no sense and potentially will cause big problems.

But hey ...

Last edited:
I'm confused. So anyone managed to get AsMedia 2142 usb 3.1 working in Big Sur yet?

I'm confused. So anyone managed to get AsMedia 2142 usb 3.1 working in Big Sur yet?

The kext from this post worked to fix my ASMedia 2142 USB 3.1 ports! Woo!

Hello,

I bought a ORICO usb 3.2 2x2 20Gb/s pcie card (ASM3242), it works perfectly on Catalina but Big Sur does not detect this card

i tried your asmedia.kext with no luck, i even tried to change the info.plist to match the asm3242, with no luck to.

Do you know any solution to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back