Contribute
Register

[Solved] USB 3.1 ASMedia issue in Big Sur installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have this card that i got from Amazon

Ableconn PU31-AC-2 USB 3.1 Gen 2​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D73L2RR/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

and it has the ASMedia ASM2142 chip that BigSur 11.2.1 is not seeing either.

I copy the kext into OC/Kexts folder but still no luck.

iMac15,1 BigSur 11.2.1 # 1: GA-Z77X-UD5H | i7-3770K | MSI Radeon RX 580 8G V1 8GB
machine dont see the card in system report - > USB

I also have the same card in the machine below but the issue with that one is that I only get 5GB speed and not 10GB.

MacPro7,1 Catalina 10.15.7 # 2: GA-Z97X-UD7 TH | i7-4790K | Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB

Please Help.
Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone got ASMedia ASM2142 chip working with BigSur? I have tried ASMedia.kext, but no luck..
I'm using OpenCore.
I've put the ASMEdia.kext in place, but for a few days and a loot of boots there was no change at all, pxsx-drivers not working. After that I did some trial and error with injecting my PCIdevices via Hackintosh from scratch. Then one day, pxsx-drivers suddenly worked flawless, I cannot deduct on what changes this is built on.
Maybe put your ASMedia.kext in place wit OC and redo your pic-devices (use Hackintool; and OC config.plist/device properties/add. then maybe reboot and nvram reset.

I've put the ASMEdia.kext in place, but for a few days and a loot of boots there was no change at all, pxsx-drivers not working. After that I did some trial and error with injecting my PCIdevices via Hackintosh from scratch. Then one day, pxsx-drivers suddenly worked flawless, I cannot deduct on what changes this is built on.
Maybe put your ASMedia.kext in place wit OC and redo your pic-devices (use Hackintool; and OC config.plist/device properties/add. then maybe reboot and nvram reset.
do you have screen capture of your OC config.plist/device properties/add? Or how can I add my AMS2142 there? I have Hackintool and I see ASMedia USB 3.1 host controller there.

So the ASMedia.kext was working for me on Big Sur 11.1 but after updating to 11.2 it's not working anymore. Tried updating to 11.2.3 and still no love.

Looks like it's loading in AppleASMediaUSBXHCI but I don't think that supports the ASMedia 2142 :(

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 9.01.16 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back