i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

After having successfully built and run a Gigabyte- based Mac since 2014 (Mavericks), I stupidly decided to update MultiBeast settings, and now my Mac will not boot or enter setup options- any helps would be hugely appreciated. I have attached screen shot below:https://photos.app.goo.gl/bEaAxO95C0AOaQSJ2

Again, many thanks
Photo on 24-04-2018 at 13.28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The KP is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Boot with -nehalem_error_disable and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash or,
Use the Clover patch for ECC RAM or,
Add -nehalem_error_disable to the boot arguments in your config.plist.
Restart and boot without caches.

The KP is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Boot with -nehalem_error_disable and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash or,
Use the Clover patch for ECC RAM.
Thank you for this- as a newbie, how would I do this? I cant get past the screenshot and I cant load startup options on the chimera screen? Thank you, and sorry if that sounds like a basic question!

Thank you for this- as a newbie, how would I do this? I cant get past the screenshot and I cant load startup options on the chimera screen? Thank you, and sorry if that sounds like a basic question!
A noob from 2014 ?
Disregard references to config.plist if you are still using Chimera.
Just boot in safe mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

A noob from 2014 ?
Disregard references to config.plist if you are still using Chimera.
Just boot in safe mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.
I'm afraid so- that's when I built my machine, it worked so didnt mess with it! I cant seem to find a way to boot into safe mode (or any mode)- any ideas? And again, thank you!

Do I need to boot with Chimera to allow me to do this?
How else are you going to boot ?

At the Chimera screen press the spacebar, type -x and press return.

How else are you going to boot ?

At the Chimera screen press the spacebar, type -x and press return.

I ask as I cant find my original USB with mavericks and chimera (it was 4 years ago)- Im sure it will all come back to me. I assume I insert USB, choose that as boot options and run Chimera (and Mavericks?) from there? Dont need detailed information if this is the case as I'll find it. Again, hugely appreciated- Im in a right fix with a work machine that wont boot- trying to panic lol!

I ask as I cant find my original USB with mavericks and chimera (it was 4 years ago)- Im sure it will all come back to me. I assume I insert USB, choose that as boot options and run Chimera (and Mavericks?) from there? Dont need detailed information if this is the case as I'll find it. Again, hugely appreciated- Im in a right fix with a work machine that wont boot- trying to panic lol!
See Post #8.
No USBs required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back