Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
HD 630/RX 5700 XT
I have a newly installed Hackintosh that was working just fine until I installed Security Update 2018-002. My hackintosh works just like a macintosh and I forget that I have to be more careful and can't update willy nilly. Updating broke my Nvidia drivers. I'm on 387.10.10.10.40.105.

I've decided to start from scratch with a clean install because I need my machine to work off of.

Is it possible that security update 2018-003 or -004 fix Nvidia graphics issues? For whatever reason, even after I updated to 002, I couldn't get 003 to show up in the app store.

Searching the forums wasn't much help. I also have Lilu and Whatevergreen installed in my Kexts/Other EFI. I noticed new releases of them occurred 11 hours ago so I am updating those as well.

Can anyone give my some guidance on this issue?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! I followed the instructions and now have a working system again. And now I know what to do when I'm prompted to install the next security updates.

I do the same thing like you @davidbryne and I got the same problem. Should I use fix like @oksiz said, or should I wait for Nvidia for new driver?

I do the same thing like you @davidbryne and I got the same problem. Should I use fix like @oksiz said, or should I wait for Nvidia for new driver?

You won’t get Nvidia Drivers anytime soon. The best thing to do is uninstall your Nvidia Drivers, restart, make sure you put cpu graphics back in your bios (IGPU/GFX) and plug your monitor into your motherboard, run the script that oksiz linked to. It is very easy to follow the instructions from it. Then restart, and change your bios settings back to pcie and plug monitor back into graphics card. Everything will work great like before. Let me know if you need help.

Yes, but I don't have IGPU... I run the script and now, everything is fine. Thanks for suggestion.

same here, update to last osx and forgot it may break the nvidia driver,
I just ran the vulgo tools (webdriver.sh) and it solve my issue.

Thanks to Vulgo, and other people working on that.

Brilliant! Quick and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back