Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD3
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hello guys,

I updated this afternoon to 10.13.5 and I cannot boot anymore if I use Nvidia web drivers. The Hackintosh boots fine without the web drivers

In verbose mode I have a loop saying:

ACM:findCredentialSet: returning err -2
ACM verifyPolicy: Policy satisfied = No
AppleKeyStore: operation failed

I tried different SMBIOS (iMacs: 18,3 - 14,2 - 17,1) with no luck and I tried with and without Lilu.kext and NvidiaFixup.. I am now out of ideas.. I am thinking to completely re-install but I would like to avoid doing that.

Other kexts I have: FakeSMC(v-1765),AppleIntelE1000e(v-3.3.5),FakeSMC_CPUSensors(v1759),Lilu(v1.2.3),NvidiaGraphicsFixup(v.1.2.7)

Also tried to change SIP: 0x0, 0x3, 0x67 - no luck

Any possible ideas I have not tried yet?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
in case somebody has the same issue I resolved with:

1. on Clover GUI, press F11
  2. boot into the OS with nv_disable=1.
  3. uninstall the driver (from System Preferences)
  4. REBOOT
  5. on reboot, you shouldn't need to add nv_disable to boot, since there is no "NV" driver to boot in the first place.
  6. install driver 106 using that script (once again: SIP DISABLED. Completely!).
  7. REBOOT

4. REBOOT
  5. on reboot, you shouldn't need to add nv_disable to boot, since there is no "NV" driver to boot in the first place.
  6. install driver 106 using that script (once again: SIP DISABLED. Completely!).
  7. REBOOT

Thank you so much! I struggled with getting Nvidia drivers to work for hours yesterday and this fixed it!

4. REBOOT
  7. REBOOT

Solved my problem as well (GTX 1080). Thank you! You're awesome! ^^

EDIT: Just in case anyone else needs it, this is the script used: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

4. REBOOT
  7. REBOOT
Thanks, it's works now :))

• install driver 106 using that script (once again: SIP DISABLED. Completely!).
Just in case someone couldn't find the driver 106 in the first try, the full driver name for 106 should be 387.10.10.10.35.106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back