ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I tried to update through App Store as usual but this time the update didn't work. Update installs, system reboots, then the Apple logo appears, the bar fills up and then I get a black screen :(

I am using iMac 14.1(late 2013)

Can someone help me get back to my desktop?

Thanks!

Use Clover_v2.3k_r3994 or newer otherwise kext injection doesn't work in Clover and you can have issues with sound.

The thing is that I can't reach the desktop so how can I upgrade clover? Install new clover on USB (with parted magic?) and boot or I need to access a mac to create the clover boot disk?

If you didn't save your USB Installer you need to create a new Clover boot disk with the latest Clover version.

If you did save your USB Installer you can edit the config.plist with the below patch
Code:
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KernelToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Kext injection allowed</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.12.4</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>6CUAAADrBeieBQAA</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>6CUAAACQkOieBQAA</data>
            </dict>
        </array>

I can edit the plist with that script using parted magic on the ssd where macOS is installed. Once I edit the plist, will I be able to load the OS and update clover properly?

Once I edit the plist, will I be able to load the OS and update clover properly?

Yes, with the patch you should be able to load the OS and update Clover.
If you update Clover don't forget to remove the patch.

Yeh was getting the same loading as well. I booted from my USB after adding the change to my config file. Still black screen after loading graphics drivers. Will check verbose in a second and update...

Thanks BreBo!!! Once I typed your suggestion right[took a few tries] ( just booted into Single User Mode, Mounted EFI partion, Used VI to edit the file) it booted just perfectly!!

First time I did not update Clover before install of a patch. Lesson Learned! Was even telling my wife it may be time to get a real desktop! (She was laughing as I user her Macbook Pro laptop to research)

Thanks again BreBo!

If you didn't save your USB Installer you need to create a new Clover boot disk with the latest Clover version.

If you did save your USB Installer you can edit the config.plist with the below patch
Code:
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KernelToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Kext injection allowed</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.12.4</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>6CUAAADrBeieBQAA</data>