Contribute
Register

[Solved] Updated bios and got kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I don't know why, buy today I decided to update my bios on Asus b150m-c motherboard. That was very stupid and bad idea :(

I had a perfectly working hackintosh, Macos sierra 10.2.4 with clover bootloader, all was good until... I've downloaded newer version of bios from asus website, put it on usb drive and succesfully updated. After that I've got kernel panic:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80008d9334) "Unable to find driver for this platform ...

(More details on the photo)

I tried to boot from boot-usb with clover, which I used to install hackintosh week ago. It was created with boot disk utility.
And even with this usb I can't boot, also get the same kernel panic.

Tried different boot arguments, but they didn't help.

My specs:
Cpu: intel core i5 6600
MB: asus b150m-c
Graphics: nvidia gts 250
Ram: 8gb (x1 stick from samsung)
Bootloader: clover 4061
Smbios: imac 17,1 (27inch late 2015)

Attachments

• IMG_2495.JPG
    IMG_2495.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 305
Last edited:
When you upgrade your BIOS it resets all of the settings to defaults (not even optimised defaults) and you must remake all of the adjustments that you made when you originally installed.
Any DSDT that you have may be rendered invalid by the upgrade.

The ACPI error that you are seeing is often the result of too many ACPI fixes selected in your config.plist.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I tried a lot of times with different settings in bios and nothing changes. Maybe I need to set something in clover boot menu settings? Also if I downgrade bios it can help?

Also info: I installed mac os sierra for efi boot. And I did nothing with DSDT conf. In clover configuration config plist only what I set were: drop nvidia, arch=x86_64, kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0, npci=0x3000, xmpdetection=yes, pbrsata, fast. Also inject nvidia. That's all. Other settings were set by default.

Last edited:
FINALLY FIXED!
very excited now :)

All what I did step by step:
I have only two drives, HDD for files and SSD for Mac and Clover EFI boot loader. Both were in HFS+.
So I formatted the SSD and installed Windows 10 on it.
After that I connected the USB boot drive which was created with BDU.
I opened via Plist Editor Pro the config.plist which was on this USB drive and did some changes:
- in ACPI ALL "Fixes" I changed true to FALSE.
- in ACPI in DropOEM_dsm section under Nvidia line I set true. The other was false.
- in Boot arguments section I set "arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0"
- in Graphics I set "Inject NVIDIA" to true.
- in Kernel and Kext Patches I set true below AsusAICPUPM
That's all.
After that I rebooted my PC and installed MacOS Sierra 10.12.1

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-05-14 в 13.54.22.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-05-14 в 13.54.22.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back