CPU
i5-4570R
Graphics
Iris 5200
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

i have a few questions:
The update to 10.13.14 stalls, i have an log file, one particalr line says that a file does not exist and probably that is why it stopped. Luckely i can still boot into the previous version.
The line is this: /Volumes/High Sierra/Library/updates/AutomaticUpdates/091-76232/091-76232.Dutch.dist does not exist.
I you want please see attachment.

What can i do to prevent or solve this? Would changing the language be helpfull?

2nd question is, my screen always flickers for a bit and then i have some graphical artifacts, is there something i can do about it? Intel is injected.

Thanks very much for any help on this.

Attachments

• Installatielogbestand 1-Apr-2018.txt
    84.4 KB · Views: 141
Solved it!
Changing the language options was indeed the solution. So i've setted all to US-english and region also to USA. Downloaded the update again and now it updated flawless. Great!

By the way, i did not see flickering of the image now. Will create a new thread if i see it again.

Solved it!
Changing the language options was indeed the solution. So i've setted all to US-english and region also to USA. Downloaded the update again and now it updated flawless. Great!

By the way, i did not see flickering of the image now. Will create a new thread if i see it again.

I'm having the same issue, with a few minor differences:

1. I can't boot into macOS, it just brings up the installer log every time (though I can boot to Safe Mode)

2. My error message references English.dist (and the computer's default language is English, region United States).

When you mention changing the language, you mean you did that through System Preferences>Language and Region? Mine is already set to English, I guess I can try changing that to see if it works and then switching back. I tried booting to Safe Mode, downloading the installer, and running it, but I'm getting the same error message about English.dist.

Thanks

Yes, indeed via the System Preferences>Language and Region. Then first rebooted (if i'm correct) but it can never hurt.
Because of the Dutch.dist in my case was not present according to the log, it just tried if this was the solution. It seemed logic, and luckely it worked. Do you have the same error, but then that it can't find the English.dist ? Strange.
Hope you will succeed with trying like i did.

Worked on this for a few hours but can't get it working. I have to run the macOSUpdCombo10.13.4.pkg from Safe Mode, once it restarts it boots to regular Mode and gives the error message about being unable to find English.dist. If I then reboot into Safe Mode it brings up the screen where it's installing updates (black background, white Apple logo and text) and takes a few minutes, then when it lets me login to Safe Mode it still shows 10.13.3. Have tried multiple times, have run First Aid in Disk Utility, and have even tried switching the language from English to Spanish (since your installer couldn't find Dutch.dist and was able to install when you switched to English, I thought the same thing might happen if I switched my language to something else) but the error message still lists English.dist and nothing is working.

Am going to try re-installing the OS from Recovery Mode because I've spent too much time on this already.

@it7276, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Why is it that you need macOSUpdCombo10.13.4.pkg ?
I updated via Updates and re-downloaded the whole thing again. Did you also try that?

Also US-English or UK-English? (just went thru my mind) maybe there is a differnece too?

Last edited:
*This is someone else's computer and they brought it to me with the issue

Was on the verge of giving up and then managed to get it working using the instructions at https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/301236/how-can-i-abort-a-high-sierra-installation. I confirmed that if I held down Option when booting it showed a macOS Installer option, so I had to go in and clear out all traces of the installer. After doing that it only showed Macintosh HD and it would finally boot normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back