Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I made the mistake of installing Boom to boost audio, it worked but audio was distorted, I ended up just buying a Syba usb audio adapter and that worked fine however when I uninstall the Boom audio kext the cursor won't move via the trackpad, I can hook up a usb mouse and it works just fine, any way to get my trackpad mouse working again?

Uninstalling Boom kext breaks trackpad

I made the mistake of installing Boom to boost audio, it worked but audio was distorted, I ended up just buying a Syba usb audio adapter and that worked fine however when I uninstall the Boom audio kext the cursor won't move via the trackpad, I can hook up a usb mouse and it works just fine, any way to get my trackpad mouse working again?

Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Also, try EC reset: shutdown, battery out, AC plug out, hold power 60 sec, put everything back & restart.

If that doesn't work, you could re-install "OS X Support Kexts" with ProBook Installer (followed by repair & rebuild above). If that doesn't work, then your install/uninstall of Boom has probably done irreparable damage to your install, so you're looking at a fresh install. A little hard to know, since I don't know what Boom audio installs...

Uninstalling Boom kext breaks trackpad

Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Also, try EC reset: shutdown, battery out, AC plug out, hold power 60 sec, put everything back & restart....

I deleted the Boom kext, repaired permissions and to be safe did the EC reset and my trackpad mouse is working, thanks RehabMan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back