Contribute
Register

[Solved] UniBeast USB won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your GA-G1.Sniper B6 has B85 Express Chipset like my GA-B85M-DS3H whose BIOS Setup options are displayed in the uploaded images to show where you might have missed selections.
  2. You have not indicated in your post what Boot Mode you have chosen [Legacy or UEFI ] when creating your USB installer.
  3. You have to choose your BIOS options to match USB Installer Boot Mode.
  4. If you have a mismatch in boot mode of USB installer and in the BIOS boot mode, USB Installer won't boot and reach Clover Boot Manager Screen [CBM Screen]
  5. Those Options to choose are under BIOS Features menu in the BIOS Setup Classic screen under "Windows 8 Features.." as Boot Mode Selection[See image #2]
NOTE: My BIOS image shows my macOS High Sierra Beta HDD as the First boot device. You have to make your USB Installer (hopefully UEFI mode) as the first boot device. Your USB installer DOES NOT appear to be UEFI on the image you have uploaded. Your other BIOS options do not mention enough details to know your choice.
I had the same problem, so i also followed your instructions.

My monitor was attached to my videocard, and when I changed the setting to onboard graphics (IGFX), the screen was black when I rebooted (it was connected with display port)

However, then I got a hdmi cable and connected the display directly to the motherboard, but now the screen is still black when I reboot. I do not even get to the bios screen.

Does anyone know a solution?
Do I need to connect to dvi?

Edit: just thinking, do I need to unplug the videocard?

Last edited:
I solved the problem simply by selecting GUID Partition Map instead of MBR when reformatting the USB drive.

Sooo.

The Gigabyte Bios has a nice bug in which it sometimes bugs out on USB Sticks with UEFI boot :

Try powering your Hack off and insert your USB in different places USB 2.0 USB 3.0 other neighboring USB ports, just try it.

You can also try to get a similarly equipped USB (also a Unibeast Install Stick) and then plug them both into your computer press F12 on boot and switch the USB Sticks so just let them switch places and then press CTRL + ALT + DEL press F12 again and one of them should be in the boot list

If everything else fails;

It would be best if you just Power off your Hackintosh pull the power cord and everything else also the USB Stick and then open your Computer up and pop out your Bios Battery and leave it out for at least 5 Minutes while also having your power button pressed for 30 Seconds in the beginning.

Sincerely Alina. have fun hacking.
"insert your USB in different places" worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back