Lenovo Y700-15ISK
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I'm trying to install Mac OS X Sierra on a PC, but somehow it won't boot off my USB I created with UniBeast. I tried several different USB sticks and USB ports, but it won't boot. I tried a different PC, which worked fine. I've previously installed Mac OS on this PC, so it is Mac compatible.
It has the following hardware:
- Gigabyte G1.Sniper B6 motherboard
- Intel Core i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
- 16GB DDR3
- Plextor PX-G128M6e M.2 SSD

I've wiped the SSD, but there's still somehow two Mac OS X boot options in the boot menu, which you can see in the attached image. I don't know why those are still there, but that's kind of a side issue. You can also see that my USB stick is recognised, but if I try to boot from it, I get the following message:
Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Since Clover does start on a different PC, I'm assuming I've missed something in the UEFI settings. I'm following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/
I've disabled VT-d, Secure Boot Mode, selected Other OS, enabled XHCI Handoff and tried turning USB 3.0 on and off, but I couldn't find CFG-Lock or IO SerialPort, so I assumed that function simply wasn't present, but maybe I've missed it.
I hope someone can help me solve this. :)

Vasilis

Attachments

• photo_2017-09-01_12-50-08.jpg
    photo_2017-09-01_12-50-08.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,977
Hi all,
I'm trying to install Mac OS X Sierra on a PC, but somehow it won't boot off my USB I created with UniBeast. I tried several different USB sticks and USB ports, but it won't boot. I tried a different PC, which worked fine. I've previously installed Mac OS on this PC, so it is Mac compatible.
- 16GB DDR3

I've wiped the SSD, but there's still somehow two Mac OS X boot options in the boot menu, which you can see in the attached image. I don't know why those are still there, but that's kind of a side issue. You can also see that my USB stick is recognised, but if I try to boot from it, I get the following message:

Since Clover does start on a different PC, I'm assuming I've missed something in the UEFI settings. I'm following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/
I've disabled VT-d, Secure Boot Mode, selected Other OS, enabled XHCI Handoff and tried turning USB 3.0 on and off, but I couldn't find CFG-Lock or IO SerialPort, so I assumed that function simply wasn't present, but maybe I've missed it.

Vasilis
Sooo.

The Gigabyte Bios has a nice bug in which it sometimes bugs out on USB Sticks with UEFI boot :

Try powering your Hack off and insert your USB in different places USB 2.0 USB 3.0 other neighboring USB ports, just try it.

You can also try to get a similarly equipped USB (also a Unibeast Install Stick) and then plug them both into your computer press F12 on boot and switch the USB Sticks so just let them switch places and then press CTRL + ALT + DEL press F12 again and one of them should be in the boot list

If everything else fails;

It would be best if you just Power off your Hackintosh pull the power cord and everything else also the USB Stick and then open your Computer up and pop out your Bios Battery and leave it out for at least 5 Minutes while also having your power button pressed for 30 Seconds in the beginning.

Sincerely Alina. have fun hacking.

Sooo.

The Gigabyte Bios has a nice bug in which it sometimes bugs out on USB Sticks with UEFI boot :

Try powering your Hack off and insert your USB in different places USB 2.0 USB 3.0 other neighboring USB ports, just try it.

You can also try to get a similarly equipped USB (also a Unibeast Install Stick) and then plug them both into your computer press F12 on boot and switch the USB Sticks so just let them switch places and then press CTRL + ALT + DEL press F12 again and one of them should be in the boot list

If everything else fails;

It would be best if you just Power off your Hackintosh pull the power cord and everything else also the USB Stick and then open your Computer up and pop out your Bios Battery and leave it out for at least 5 Minutes while also having your power button pressed for 30 Seconds in the beginning.

Sincerely Alina. have fun hacking.
Well, the issue isn't that my USB stick isn't found (although that did happen with another USB stick), but that it won't boot from it even though it's among the list of boot options...

Hi all,
- 16GB DDR3

Vasilis
  1. Your GA-G1.Sniper B6 has B85 Express Chipset like my GA-B85M-DS3H whose BIOS Setup options are displayed in the uploaded images to show where you might have missed selections.
  2. You have not indicated in your post what Boot Mode you have chosen [Legacy or UEFI ] when creating your USB installer.
  3. You have to choose your BIOS options to match USB Installer Boot Mode.
  4. If you have a mismatch in boot mode of USB installer and in the BIOS boot mode, USB Installer won't boot and reach Clover Boot Manager Screen [CBM Screen]
  5. Those Options to choose are under BIOS Features menu in the BIOS Setup Classic screen under "Windows 8 Features.." as Boot Mode Selection[See image #2]
NOTE: My BIOS image shows my macOS High Sierra Beta HDD as the First boot device. You have to make your USB Installer (hopefully UEFI mode) as the first boot device. Your USB installer DOES NOT appear to be UEFI on the image you have uploaded. Your other BIOS options do not mention enough details to know your choice.

Attachments

• 1.BIOS Features_Boot Options.png
    1.BIOS Features_Boot Options.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,908
  • 2.BIOS Features Options Choices.png
    2.BIOS Features Options Choices.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,681
  • 3.BIOS_Peripherals Options.png
    3.BIOS_Peripherals Options.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,515
  • 4.Serial Port and Parallel Port Disabled.png
    4.Serial Port and Parallel Port Disabled.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,579
  1. Your GA-G1.Sniper B6 has B85 Express Chipset like my GA-B85M-DS3H whose BIOS Setup options are displayed in the uploaded images to show where you might have missed selections.
  2. You have not indicated in your post what Boot Mode you have chosen [Legacy or UEFI ] when creating your USB installer.
  4. If you have a mismatch in boot mode of USB installer and in the BIOS boot mode, USB Installer won't boot and reach Clover Boot Manager Screen [CBM Screen]
  5. Those Options to choose are under BIOS Features menu in the BIOS Setup Classic screen under "Windows 8 Features.." as Boot Mode Selection[See image #2]
NOTE: My BIOS image shows my macOS High Sierra Beta HDD as the First boot device. You have to make your USB Installer (hopefully UEFI mode) as the first boot device. Your USB installer DOES NOT appear to be UEFI on the image you have uploaded. Your other BIOS options do not mention enough details to know your choice.

I sometimes can only try the options above to get some bugged out USB Devices to work (It's only a problem on UEFI USB's) it will only show up on Peripherals but not able to boot in my case your solution wouldn't work so I told to do the above
But it's fair to say that he could have disabled UEFI somehow

Well, the issue isn't that my USB stick isn't found (although that did happen with another USB stick), but that it won't boot from it even though it's among the list of boot options...
Yes it's showing up but it's only a boot record for Legacy Boot Mode a UEFI disk only shows up when the UEFIBOOT.efi can be read thats why you can see a CD ROM as a boot device without any Disk in it but only when let's say a Windows 8.x+ DVD is inserted it will show up a | UEFI: DVD Drive BlahBlahBloob | the boot.efi record seems to bug out on Gigabyte board apparently but MAKE SURE you try my advice and then try his so.. reset your bios as stated by me and then use the Bios Settings from cmn699

I have used UEFI boot mode, which is enabled in my BIOS options. Both UEFI and legacy is enabled, and there was also a setting where I set UEFI first, I can't remember what it was exactly though and I'm not near that PC right now.
Trying Legacy is worth a shot though, although I'm quite sure it worked in UEFI before. I'll know more soon.

Yes it's showing up but it's only a boot record for Legacy Boot Mode a UEFI disk only shows up when the UEFIBOOT.efi can be read thats why you can see a CD ROM as a boot device without any Disk in it but only when let's say a Windows 8.x+ DVD is inserted it will show up a | UEFI: DVD Drive BlahBlahBloob | the boot.efi record seems to bug out on Gigabyte board apparently but MAKE SURE you try my advice and then try his so.. reset your bios as stated by me and then use the Bios Settings from cmn699
Yeah I'm not 100% sure but it does seem like it shows up as a a Legacy device, I'll give your suggestions a try when I'm able.

Yeah I'm not 100% sure but it does seem like it shows up as a a Legacy device, I'll give your suggestions a try when I'm able.
Glad I could help you If any problems remain I'm watching the thread :)

This worked! Maybe only allowing UEFI did the trick. I do still have another issue, which is that it won't detect two monitors, just one, but maybe I should make another thread for that (and search around a bit more first).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back