Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
Have hardware indicated in profile at left. Had to finagle the video configuration to get 10.6.8 loaded, but finally got there. Unibeast constructed on 10.6.8, Lion install app, DSDT, and Unibeast, Multibeast, etc on 16GB thumb drive.

I've booted about every way I can think. The attached is from the last time: -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No

Can someone help me understand what went wrong? From here is just keeps repeating "Still waiting for root device"

Solved 2012-05-16!
OK - It appears that if you have an S.M.A.R.T. disc, you need to have S.M.A.R.T. enabled for it.

I've been chasing ATI HD 6850 issues for a while now, and doing a lot of reading of the forum. I stumbled across a post this AM that mentioned enabling S.M.A.R.T., so I thought, "What the heck?"

Booted with Unibeast, next thing I was looking at was the language select screen.

Happily 10.7.3 :D

Attachments

• IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
Re: Unibeast for 10.7.3 never gets to language select screen

bump. same issue, I'm going to try finding a copy of 10.7.2

I solved mine by trying a different usb stick btw

OK - It appears that if you have an S.M.A.R.T. disc, you need to have S.M.A.R.T. enabled for it.

I've been chasing ATI HD 6850 issues for a while now, and doing a lot of reading of the forum. I stumbled across a post this AM that mentioned enabling S.M.A.R.T., so I thought, "What the heck?"

Booted with Unibeast, next thing I was looking at was the language select screen.

Happily 10.7.3 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back