Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] "Unapproved Caller: SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hello, first of all I'd like to remark what an excellent forum and resource this website is. December last year I used this website to build my first desktop computer (I've had a few laptops and a 2007 iMac over the years but never a tower machine). I now have a dual boot machine with Mac OSX Yosemite on one 250GB SSD, and Windows 7 on another 250GB SSD. It's been working really well for months now, there were some niggling issues at the start, but they all got ironed out by looking on this here site and doing some reading, and everything's been going perfectly for ages. But now I'm stuck.

This morning I turned on my machine and chose to boot in Mac OSX, only to find I couldn't.

Instead, after the usual white apple logo progress screen, I got a black screen with the popup "Unapproved Caller: SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software". This popup only has the "ok" button, and when you click it, the same popup appears again, ad infinitum.

The only changes I can think of that I've made to the system recently are some updates to the graphics card drivers within Windows 7; I don't see how that could affect the Mac OSX boot, but I guess there's the possibility. The Windows 7 installation is unaffected; I can choose to startup in Windows on the bootloader selection screen without any problems.

This is what the kernel panic screen says when I boot using the "-v" modifier:
macerror -v only.jpg
I have also used the -x, -f and -F modifiers, both alone and in combination with the above, none of which seems to help.

So any fixes or ideas would be hugely appreciated, as otherwise my machine is instead a single OS machine instead of the dual boot I wanted it to be, which means no music making for the time being :(

My set up:

Motherboard: MSI Z95 Gaming 5
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
CPU: Intel i7-4790k

I wish I could be sure which version of OSX Yosemite i'm using... I don't know how to find out without being able to boot into MacOSX... :oops: I assume it's 10.10.2 or 10.10.3.

I will of course provide any more details/screenshots upon request. I am unable atm to boot from a multibeast or unibeast usb stick as they are around a friends house and unavailable for the time being (although of course I intend to get my hands on those sticks ASAP).

"Unapproved Caller: SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software"

Not specifically a Hackintosh issue.

Google to find many others with a similar problem and some solutions.

Good Luck

I did in fact google the problem before I posted here. I am worried that implementing a fix that was only intended for true Apple mac machines would screw up my machine seeing as the multibeast bootloader is installed on the Apple OSX SSD. I didn't want to try a solution that I found randomly on the internet only to find that I've made the problem worse by not factoring in that I technically don't actually have a mac. Please, are you sure it's an issue that won't be affected by that?

I did in fact google the problem before I posted here. I am worried that implementing a fix that was only intended for true Apple mac machines would screw up my machine seeing as the multibeast bootloader is installed on the Apple OSX SSD. I didn't want to try a solution that I found randomly on the internet only to find that I've made the problem worse by not factoring in that I technically don't actually have a mac. Please, are you sure it's an issue that won't be affected by that?

Nobody can be 100% sure of that.

Well it turns out that if I swap the SATA cables over between my two SSD's, then it clears the problem. So the problem was simply a bad cable, nothing complicated in the software at all.

How embarrassing... :banghead:

Well it turns out that if I swap the SATA cables over between my two SSD's, then it clears the problem. So the problem was simply a bad cable, nothing complicated in the software at all.

That's good news - Glad you got it sorted :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back