CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a power failure yesterday and upon booting up I am unable to boot into my High Sierra 10.13.5 installation on my NVME drive, I can boot into the install on my regular SSD, but when I try to boot into my NVME install I get a cascading screen of text that does not stop, see attached picture. Any ideas? I've run first aid on the volume, didn't seem to help.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 126
Thanks but I am able to boot into another SSD in my system just fine without touching any CMOS settings, so I think the install on the NVME which won't boot might be corrupt.

I would follow @BreBo ‘s advice. Those nVme’s are tricky to set up and behave differently than a standard SSD using SATA. It’s very possible to be able to boot from SATA but not nVme...
I’ve not jumped into the nVme because of it even though my board has two slots for them.

I was able to resolve it by using carbon copy cloner to clone my SSD that I could boot into and use, to my NVME drive, once that was done I could boot into the NVME and everything was fine. Thanks for your advice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back