Contribute
Register

[solved] Unable to boot installer -- OsxAptioFixDrv Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unable to boot installer -- OsxAptioFixDrv Error

No results, its seems to try to boot but it hangs, in verbose mode it shows the logo screen with a spinning beach ball on the upper left side of the screen but the installation application nevers shows up. Re attaching EFI folder for further assitance, I added your Voodoops2 kext, config.plist and fakesmc kext, this method at least gets me somewhere, current hdd install gives me the OSXAptiofixdrv error.

:banghead:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 202

No results, its seems to try to boot but it hangs, in verbose mode it shows the logo screen with a spinning beach ball on the upper left side of the screen but the installation application nevers shows up. Re attaching EFI folder for further assitance, I added your Voodoops2 kext, config.plist and fakesmc kext, this method at least gets me somewhere, current hdd install gives me the OSXAptiofixdrv error.

:banghead:

Nothing attached.

Be patient. Booting the installer from USB is not quick.

Nothing attached.

Be patient. Booting the installer from USB is not quick.

Fixed. Ok, but I want to clarify Im not creating a USB installation method, I already have a working setup with Yosemite, I downloaded the update from the Mac store and when booting the USB created Clover in my current set up Im trying to get to the installer using the Boot OS X Install method. With Yosemite I had no problems at all, could get to the installer pretty fast, here not the case, so far in verbose mode I see the logo and the spinning beach ball but nothing happens, I have waited a fair amount of time.

Fixed. Ok, but I want to clarify Im not creating a USB installation method, I already have a working setup with Yosemite, I downloaded the update from the Mac store and when booting the USB created Clover in my current set up Im trying to get to the installer using the Boot OS X Install method. With Yosemite I had no problems at all, could get to the installer pretty fast, here not the case, so far in verbose mode I see the logo and the spinning beach ball but nothing happens, I have waited a fair amount of time.

Keep in mind that booting the 10.11 installer from the 10.10 volume uses EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 for injected kexts. Yours is empty... no kexts will be injected.

Keep in mind that booting the 10.11 installer from the 10.10 volume uses EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 for injected kexts. Yours is empty... no kexts will be injected.

Ok, I will copy them to the Clover Usb 10.10 kext folder and try again.

Ok, I will copy them to the Clover Usb 10.10 kext folder and try again.

Just curious... if this is an upgrade, why are you using a USB?

Just curious... if this is an upgrade, why are you using a USB?

Cause using my hdd configuration leads me to the Aptio error, but after following your suggestion I can confirm that I have successfully updated to El Capitan, after copying the kexts to the 10.10 and 10.11 folders in both usb and hdd folders I could install the update with no problems, once again thanks for your help Rehabman!

Cause using my hdd configuration leads me to the Aptio error, but after following your suggestion I can confirm that I have successfully updated to El Capitan, after copying the kexts to the 10.10 and 10.11 folders in both usb and hdd folders I could install the update with no problems, once again thanks for your help Rehabman!

Good idea to update Clover before doing the upgrade.

I will mark this solved.

Good idea to update Clover before doing the upgrade.

I will mark this solved.

I actually did, when I saw this thread I read that you said latest version was 3277 so I searched and installed it, but still had the Aptio error, that's why I used the Usb, I installed it fresh and once got it working copied those folders to my hdd, everything is working great, hope this helps others as well, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back