Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hit a snag today when I tried to fix the screen brightness issue on my Yoga700-14ISK. Applied rehabman's newest intelbackligt.kext with kextbeast. Upon reboot, it will no longer boot.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20180208_001217.jpg
    IMG_20180208_001217.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 129
Hit a snag today when I tried to fix the screen brightness issue on my Yoga700-14ISK. Applied rehabman's newest intelbackligt.kext with kextbeast. Upon reboot, it will no longer boot.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

It will eventually boot, but will take a while... be patient.

The delay is caused because you installed IntelBacklight.kext without the required PNLF patch ("Brightness Fix").
But if you're running a recent macOS, you can't use IntelBacklight.kext anyway as it does not work from 10.12.4 and later.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

I actually waited like 30 minutes but the "IOFB?" and "busy timeout" kept coming up on screen.

I booted up with the install USB and removed the intelbacklight.kext via terminal. It's running again but it's booting about 8 seconds slower than before. I will mark this thread as solved.

Thanks Rehabman, I will look into that.

edit: So when I generate log in Clover Configurator or bdmesg in Terminal, I noticed that it is different than the pictures taken from my phone, it doesn't match up. That IOGraphics flags 0x43 doesn't show up in the log. Does Clover log the boot during every boot? How do I see the most recent boot log? I'm trying to track down why the boot time got longer and it seems to hang for a few seconds at the IOGraphics flags 0x43 and I remember not seeing that code before.

Attachments

• bdmesg.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20180208_083208.jpg
    IMG_20180208_083208.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I actually waited like 30 minutes but the "IOFB?" and "busy timeout" kept coming up on screen.

I booted up with the install USB and removed the intelbacklight.kext via terminal. It's running again but it's booting about 8 seconds slower than before. I will mark this thread as solved.

Thanks Rehabman, I will look into that.

edit: So when I generate log in Clover Configurator or bdmesg in Terminal, I noticed that it is different than the pictures taken from my phone, it doesn't match up. That IOGraphics flags 0x43 doesn't show up in the log. Does Clover log the boot during every boot? How do I see the most recent boot log? I'm trying to track down why the boot time got longer and it seems to hang for a few seconds at the IOGraphics flags 0x43 and I remember not seeing that code before.

bdmesg only shows Clover bootlog... nothing to do with kernel logs during boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back