ASUS H270F
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

Recently set up my Hackintosh on 10.13.4, got everything working including Nvidia web drivers. However when using Opera and other things randomly my Hackintosh will just completely freeze up on the UI for a few seconds, Audio continues to work fine.

Also although I have a 144hz monitor, when selecting 144hz in System Preferences > Displays > Refresh Rate. The UI will freeze but the cursor can still be moved around and responds to mouse input.

I've tried with and without nvda_drv=1. I've also attached my kexts I've manually installed as I'm not sure where the Multibeast ones are installed to and my config.plist.

My System:
ASUS H270F (bad choice I know)
Intel Core i7 7700k
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (NVIDIA Web Driver 378.10.10.10.30.106)
16GB DDR4 RAM, 1080p 144hz Monitor + 21:9 1080p Monitor, 256GB Samsung EVO SSD

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Other.png
    Other.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 208
See if this makes any difference :

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 501
It seems to have stopped the stuttering, thanks! I'm still getting pretty severe screen tearing on videos and such as well as the inability to select 144hz in my System Prefs.

These would probably be driver issues wouldn't they? Should I just wait and see if Nvidia releases updated drivers that fix it?

I did have the correct driver version, but the tool appeared to help me force a driver fresh install and it seems to have fixed the problem and allowed me to select 144hz and fixed various other problems!

Thank you so much! I love you!
yy2zc0m.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back