Contribute
Register

[solved] UHD 630 either not booting or no acceleration on Dell XPS 15 9570 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to know that the cause of this issue should be solvable then. Thanks for that.

The extra 0 was the result of me quickly cleaning up additional several attempts to work out the situation shortly before making the dump. I've corrected it, booted with it and the same result. A fresh debug dump is attached.

For what it’s worth, I never was able to load up AppleIntelCFLFramebuffer.kext even when using 0x12345678 as ig-platform-id and thus it’s never patched as it never enters the kernel cache when running `sudo kextcache -i /’ (if I understand correctly).

You are injecting a fake device-id=0x591b. Causes KBL framebuffer to load; does not go with ig-platform-id=0x3e9b0000.

Have you been able to boot? Do you still need a copy of the CLOVER folder? I can send over a list of kexts later.

minus the serial number you have configured of course
By the way, I haven't been able to generate a valid serial number (as in, valid according to a lookup). I always get "authentication failed" from iMessage.

Have you been able to boot? Do you still need a copy of the CLOVER folder? I can send over a list of kexts later.

By the way, I haven't been able to generate a valid serial number (as in, valid according to a lookup). I always get "authentication failed" from iMessage.

Booting is not the problem and never was, but it might proof to be an issue as soon as the needed kext(s) actually load(s). I’m currently trying to figure out where that fake device-id I’m supposedly using is coming from (which makes sense as it indeed defaults to the KBL framebuffer).

Regarding the serial number. It’s the last thing I’ll look into. If there currently is no valid way, I trust it will be known how to generate a valid one soon, as the 15,x range of devices is still very new.

If your configuration boots and has full GPU acceleration I’m very much interested. So as long as more than 31 MB of VRAM is reported by MacOS and Metal is functional I would still very much appreciate that.

A debug dump using the script that Rehabman usually asks for would be great and should contain everything I need.

You are injecting a fake device-id=0x591b. Causes KBL framebuffer to load; does not go with ig-platform-id=0x3e9b0000.

To be honest.. I've been searching for over an hour to figure out where I'm defining, that a fake device-id of 0x591b should be injected. Could you perhaps tell me where to look so that I can disable (or if needed change) this value ?

To be honest.. I've been searching for over an hour to figure out where I'm defining, that a fake device-id of 0x591b should be injected. Could you perhaps tell me where to look so that I can disable (or if needed change) this value ?

Probably Clover is doing it for you (your copy of Clover is relatively old).
If you don't want Clover to do automatic things, specify what you want in config.plist.
Also, I don't know why you have SSDT-IGPU.aml... the code you have there does not support your native device-id (eg. so it has no effect).

Probably Clover is doing it for you (your copy of Clover is relatively old).
If you don't want Clover to do automatic things, specify what you want in config.plist.
Also, I don't know why you have SSDT-IGPU.aml... the code you have there does not support your native device-id (eg. so it has no effect).

Updating Clover and adding CoreDisplayFixup fixed it. GPU acceleration is fully working now. Thank you very very much for the help and many useful posts over the past years !

Updating Clover and adding CoreDisplayFixup fixed it. GPU acceleration is fully working now. Thank you very very much for the help and many useful posts over the past years !

Note that CoreDisplayFixup.kext is deprecated, replaced with WhateverGreen.kext + kernel flag -cdfon.

Can you post your current setup, clover efi? Would like you try it since you solved it and I have a similar setup.What OS are you running, and is it the 4k screen?

Thanks!

Can you post your current setup, clover efi? Would like you try it since you solved it and I have a similar setup.What OS are you running, and is it the 4k screen?

Thanks!

Provided as is. Note that you will probably need to change the ig-platform-id to e.g. 0x12345678 before booting and run 'kextcache -i /'. After doing so you can change it back to the current value and things should boot in 4K. I'm running Mojave (10.14 GM). Note that the config is rough (lots of unchecked stuff that I borrowed from others in my attempt to just get a bootable GPU accelerated startup). Not all USB ports work (internal ports) needed for bluetooth as well as many other details which I still need to look at over the next 1-2 weeks. It however should provide you with a workable starting point.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back