Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] UEFI motherboard can't see gpt/EFI/boot - is there a workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
I am having difficulty getting my Lenovo TS140 UEFI motherboard's bios to see my gpt/EFI clover boot file. Unfortunately, the bios on this server motherboard is very cut down, there isn't even an option in the bios to manually set a path to the boot file. I read that if you put Clover on a USB stick, boot from it and selection Options, there is an option to do that but I can't see that option. This is the first time I have been stifled. Plan B is to try a program called easyuefi. Any help welcome! :)

UEFI motherboard can't see gpt/EFI/boot - is there a workaround?

I am having difficulty getting my Lenovo TS140 UEFI motherboard's bios to see my gpt/EFI clover boot file. Unfortunately, the bios on this server motherboard is very cut down, there isn't even an option in the bios to manually set a path to the boot file. I read that if you put Clover on a USB stick, boot from it and selection Options, there is an option to do that but I can't see that option. This is the first time I have been stifled. Plan B is to try a program called easyuefi. Any help welcome! :)

My ThinkServer build may help :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/171528-success-thinkserver-ts140-i3-4330-hd4600-yosemite-clover.html#post1092567

UEFI motherboard can't see gpt/EFI/boot - is there a workaround?

Thanks, I like your guide, but in the end I found a workaround for UEFI boot through my windows partition using Windows bcdedit command

Run cmd.exe as admin and then type:-

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi

which then gave me the path \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi. It's a pity the Lenovo bios wouldn't automatically detect it like my other builds but I got there, eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back