Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's the error message:
I'm stuck. Don't know where to find the log referred to?

What I am really trying to do is to update my son's Customac to run something newer than Mavericks. I don't have a download of High Sierra, but I do have one of Sierra. It's been so long since I've been doing this (as the fact that it's running Mavericks also implies), I don't remember how to do this stuff.

Anyway, I have managed to install Sierra on a hard disk partition (clean install) and now need to do the post-installation with Multibeast. Completely unsure of what settings to choose etc. I just chose the default UEFI Boot Mode under Quick Start, went on to the Build tab and clicked Install. The poor result can be seen above.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 19.41.58.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 19.41.58.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 138
Thanks guys! I had followed the guide and dowloaded the Multibeast that was linked to in the guide (I think), but as it turns out that was v. 9.0.1. After downloading v. 9.2.1 I was able to finish the installation in Multibeast. I’m able to boot into Sierra on the internal hard disk. Now comes the hard part: getting ethernet, graphics, sound etc. to work right...

Now comes the hard part: getting ethernet, graphics, sound etc. to work right

MultiBeast probably has all the resources you need for ethernet, graphics, sound. The key is to study your motherboard documentation carefully so you know the components, e.g., Intel or Realtek ethernet adapter, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back