Contribute
Register

[solved] Troubleshooting Broadcom BCM94352z M.2 card on Asus Rog751 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the file, u1wlg02us17.exe contained in your zip has its hidden attribute set, which is likely why people are not seeing it and reporting the zip to be empty. The driver you are providing is Broadcom's v7.35.267.0, bundled by Lenovo.

That said, this still does not fix the issue for me. My Lenovo T450 has a DW1560 (Broadcom BCM94352Z) card that works fine in a T460s, yet does not work in the T450. I tried moving to the latest BIOS, and upgraded to Win10 "Creators Update" (v1703), but saw no difference There is no report of it violating a whitelist during boot, and it is recognized by the Win10's device manager as a working device, yet no Wi-Fi networks are found, even though the card provides Bluetooth perfectly. I tried installing the Lenovo drivers you provided but I still get the same result. I've also tried the latest Dell, drivers as well as two other Broadcom drivers, but still the same result. I figure if it won't work properly in Win10, or Ubuntu (16.04.1), then it is unlikely to work in OSX. Though some say it works from there when it didn't in the others, so I plan to give that a shot next.

If anyone is successfully running a T450 with this card using Win10 and OSX, or has found another card that works better for this, then please throw me a bone. Attached is what I see in device manager, Lenovo one currently being used and highlighted.

View attachment 276669

and a list of the driver's I've tried with the driver provided and currently being used highlighted.

View attachment 276670

Maybe it is an antenna issue. Make sure you connected the antenna leads correctly.

Hi RehabMan! That is a good thought, but the antenna leads are securely attached. I actually have two of these DW1560 cards, and when I saw this behavior I swapped the cards between the T450 and T460s thinking I might have gotten a defective card, but the issue stayed with the machine and not the card. The original Intel 7265 and a Broadcom BCM94356Z card both work fine with Win10 on the T450 using the same antenna connections, but of course neither have OSX support.

I found a thread that talked about taping off pins 54 and 56 on the DW1560 to force the radio on, but that did not work for me, so currently nothing is taped. The whole issue is puzzling. I currently have El Capitan (10.11.6) installed, so will follow the instructions for patching that and see if I have success under OSX. I'd like to load Sierra, but could not find any guides that indicated a fully working install on a T450, so plan to focus on El Capitan and this card initially.

Hi RehabMan! That is a good thought, but the antenna leads are securely attached. I actually have two of these DW1560 cards, and when I saw this behavior I swapped the cards between the T450 and T460s thinking I might have gotten a defective card, but the issue stayed with the machine and not the card. The original Intel 7265 and a Broadcom BCM94356Z card both work fine with Win10 on the T450 using the same antenna connections, but of course neither have OSX support.

I found a thread that talked about taping off pins 54 and 56 on the DW1560 to force the radio on, but that did not work for me, so currently nothing is taped. The whole issue is puzzling. I currently have El Capitan (10.11.6) installed, so will follow the instructions for patching that and see if I have success under OSX. I'd like to load Sierra, but could not find any guides that indicated a fully working install on a T450, so plan to focus on El Capitan and this card initially.

I would test first on Windows or Ubuntu.
Make sure you install the correct drivers/etc.
If not working there, then you have some sort of BIOS or hardware issue.

I would test first on Windows or Ubuntu.
Make sure you install the correct drivers/etc.
Unfortunately, I've exhausted my options with Windows, short of applying a modded BIOS using an EEPROM flasher. It seems the main reason others have done this is to gain access to DVMT Pre-Allocated and DVMT Total Gfx Mem settings for full hardware acceleration, but in the same old insanelymac thread discussing that, they discuss how the T450 does not have a whitelist and that the BCM94352Z M.2 works under OS X with kext mods/injection but not in Windows and in some cases Linux. It does not appear the BIOS mod does anything to fix that, nor can I find anyone that specifically indicates this card works on a T450 under Win10.

Perhaps my assumption that since this card works in my T460s and that since the T450 does not have a whitelist that it would work there too is flawed.

Thanks for your responses RehabMan.

Unfortunately, I've exhausted my options with Windows, short of applying a modded BIOS using an EEPROM flasher. It seems the main reason others have done this is to gain access to DVMT Pre-Allocated and DVMT Total Gfx Mem settings for full hardware acceleration, but in the same old insanelymac thread discussing that, they discuss how the T450 does not have a whitelist and that the BCM94352Z M.2 works under OS X with kext mods/injection but not in Windows and in some cases Linux. It does not appear the BIOS mod does anything to fix that, nor can I find anyone that specifically indicates this card works on a T450 under Win10.

Perhaps my assumption that since this card works in my T460s and that since the T450 does not have a whitelist that it would work there too is flawed.

Probably same BIOS problem in both T450/T460.

I open the thread again to ask you if you found any solution? the same problem happens to my x1 carbon gene 3 2015. The dw1560 works in mac but not in windows or ubuntu. Try tape pins 54 and 56 without success. I have seen the same problem throughout the generation 5 of lenovo

I was thinking about buying this but I think the slot has a different size
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-B...04X6020-PRO-Y50-80-Y50-70-Touch-/252445620064

I also thought about buying the dw1830...Any idea is well come

Wireless card is now fully working in Windows 10 and Mac OS Yosemite. For anyone else having this issue, the trick to getting it to work in Winodws was installing a driver package attached below. That disabled the wifi card permanently. I then went to network and adapters and right clicked troubleshoot. Windows reset the adapter and the wireless card re enabled fully working. Im not sure if it just needed to be completely reset or reset with different drivers, but its working.
Hi,

I have the exact issue but on a Lenovo T440, I tried to download your package but it's empty. I downloaded from somewhere else with the exact same name and it's not working?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff
Yes, but the file, u1wlg02us17.exe contained in your zip has its hidden attribute set, which is likely why people are not seeing it and reporting the zip to be empty. The driver you are providing is Broadcom's v7.35.267.0, bundled by Lenovo.

That said, this still does not fix the issue for me. My Lenovo T450 has a DW1560 (Broadcom BCM94352Z) card that works fine in a T460s, yet does not work in the T450. I tried moving to the latest BIOS, and upgraded to Win10 "Creators Update" (v1703), but saw no difference There is no report of it violating a whitelist during boot, and it is recognized by the Win10's device manager as a working device, yet no Wi-Fi networks are found, even though the card provides Bluetooth perfectly. I tried installing the Lenovo drivers you provided but I still get the same result. I've also tried the latest Dell, drivers as well as two other Broadcom drivers, but still the same result. I figure if it won't work properly in Win10, or Ubuntu (16.04.1), then it is unlikely to work in OSX. Though some say it works from there when it didn't in the others, so I plan to give that a shot next.

If anyone is successfully running a T450 with this card using Win10 and OSX, or has found another card that works better for this, then please throw me a bone. Attached is what I see in device manager, Lenovo one currently being used and highlighted.

View attachment 276669

and a list of the driver's I've tried with the driver provided and currently being used highlighted.

View attachment 276670

Maybe it is an antenna issue. Make sure you connected the antenna leads correctly.

Hi, guys, I have found a DW1560 working solution on Ubuntu.
In Linux GRUB, add pci=biosirq irqpoll in the kernel line.

Does anyone have any idea how to enable this on Windows 10?

Last edited:
Same problem In a T450S it works in Mojave but in windows 10 networks do not appear. in linux is the "Irqpoll" but nothing for windows

Same problem In a T450S it works in Mojave but in windows 10 networks do not appear. in linux is the "Irqpoll" but nothing for windows
Do you have any idea to solve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back