Contribute
Register

[solved] Trackpad preference pane is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you can make a script that this will be loaded on boot up automatical. First look if The driver is correctly loading

Hi,

Can you explain how you learned how to use that servicname and option?
I looked in the info.plist as RehabMan suggested, but I don't see any options that make sense.
I have a Dell E6430 with an ALPS driver, so when I type the command I get:

No service matching "ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad"

Any help is greatly appreciated!

As one might expect, the ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad driver only starts when you have a Synaptics trackpad.
Why do you expect to use the Synaptics driver with ALPS hardware?

To use ioio you need to install ioio from rehabman. It's a useful Tool.
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad DragLock 0
ApplePS2* is the loaded driver which you can find under the ioreg. If this is not loaded you cant change values.

I spend lots of time there to understand it :)

Thanks, that worked :). I found:

ioio -s ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint Clicking 1

As one might expect, the ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad driver only starts when you have a Synaptics trackpad.
Why do you expect to use the Synaptics driver with ALPS hardware?

I didn't but I couldn't find where 'service' name was and I didn't see hints in the Info.plist either.

Anyway, happy with this, I'll script it up.

I am running 10.12.4 and I think a ported driver from you RehabMan, that gives working two finger scrolling.
Does your VoodooPSController still have a working prefpane on 10.12.4? If so, I will try and see if I can make this code work on this driver too.

Thank you both very much for the help!

first time using a hackintosh, beginner only. please can someone post the proper guide how to see the settings in track pad because it is blank. dont know how to use the ioio by rehabman. how to install that.. and also the part 4 page 34 in the link that provided in here, there is no page 34 there.

thank you!

Regards, I have a MacBook 2008 with high sierra, walks well, the problem I have is with the touchpad the configuration does not appear to me. The function of two fingers and the tap without having to press or click are not working. What should I do?

Thank you.!

Regards, I have a MacBook 2008 with high sierra, walks well, the problem I have is with the touchpad the configuration does not appear to me. The function of two fingers and the tap without having to press or click are not working. What should I do?

Thank you.!

Your "MacBook 2008" is from Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back