Contribute
Register

[solved] Trackpad preference pane is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not. I mean when I replaced with 10.11 one it does work.

The problem with that is that the settings do not persist across reboot. It is not a good solution.

For now, best solution is ioio from a LaunchDaemon.

The problem with that is that the settings do not persist across reboot. It is not a good solution.

For now, best solution is ioio from a LaunchDaemon.

So either drop the prefpane altogether and use ioio to keep the functionality, or to use 10.11 prefpane with an approach like the one I proposed which is not the best but still functional. For myself I will go for the latter. thanks for mentioning ioio, I had no idea you created a nice tool like that.

So either drop the prefpane altogether and use ioio to keep the functionality, or to use 10.11 prefpane with an approach like the one I proposed which is not the best but still functional. For myself I will go for the latter. thanks for mentioning ioio, I had no idea you created a nice tool like that.

Yes. But the ioio approach is a fair bit "tighter"...
I created ioio so I could tweak settings for any driver after they loaded for experimentation and debugging (as long as the driver supports it).

since connecting an apple trackpad via bluetooth loads the 10.12 preference pane, is there a way to fake sierra into sensing that the laptop trackpad is an apple trackpad?

Look at the Info.plist in VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext for settings that can be changed with ioio.

I need the settings to be like the one in screenshot when booting,I have opened info plist from kext but dont know which key must be changed,Can you help for finding

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 10.21.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 10.21.44 PM.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 906
Delete..!
If you found the properties to set - I'd like to know. Not only do I not know the property names to set, but I also don't know how to reference them, particularly when they are nested.
It's curious how much ioio is promoted, with so few examples for its use. I appreciate that for its creator it's a useful tool - but to use it am I supposed to be a member of a secret society or a mason??

If you found the properties to set - I'd like to know. Not only do I not know the property names to set, but I also don't know how to reference them, particularly when they are nested.
It's curious how much ioio is promoted, with so few examples for its use. I appreciate that for its creator it's a useful tool - but to use it am I supposed to be a member of a secret society or a mason??

The properties you can use with ioio are in the Info.plist for the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back