Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Envy 15t-k000, i7-4710HQ, MacBookPro11,2 system definition
Sierra public beta 4

everything (except audio which i havent worked on yet) is working as expected including the trackpad, but...

tap-to-click not functioning, as i expect when a new system is installed. i normally go to the trackpad preference pane and click the box for tap to click.

when the preference pane opens it is blank.

i connected a magic trackpad via BT, then the preference pane appeared as normal. i clicked the tap to click button, disconnected the magic trackpad, and the tap to click persisted on the envy trackpad. once i removed the magic trackpad, the trackpad pref pane once again was blank.

the workaround is fine, i know this is a beta, but thought it was strange nonetheless.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,000
Envy 15t-k000, i7-4710HQ, MacBookPro11,2 system definition
Sierra public beta 4

everything (except audio which i havent worked on yet) is working as expected including the trackpad, but...

tap-to-click not functioning, as i expect when a new system is installed. i normally go to the trackpad preference pane and click the box for tap to click.

when the preference pane opens it is blank.

i connected a magic trackpad via BT, then the preference pane appeared as normal. i clicked the tap to click button, disconnected the magic trackpad, and the tap to click persisted on the envy trackpad. once i removed the magic trackpad, the trackpad pref pane once again was blank.

the workaround is fine, i know this is a beta, but thought it was strange nonetheless.

It is a known problem.

It is a known problem.
Hi Rehabman,
Thought I should also mention I have the same trackpad problem. In addition my "Display Preferences" generated this error since Sierra Public beta 7. "Could not load Displays preference pane". However if I disable the Intel HD4400 injection of 0x04168086 by using the FakeID of 0X00000001, and boot in safe mode, it loads, and I can see and change resolutions but NOT attached the secondary monitor.
This is on my Aspire E1-572

Thought I should also mention I have the same trackpad problem.

It is not surprising.

In addition my "Display Preferences" generated this error since Sierra Public beta 7. "Could not load Displays preference pane".

I've seen the same thing with certain versions. I'm waiting for final.

Is there a solution for this on the way? Or has Apple locked up something?

You might try using the old prefpane code from 10.11.

Would it be possible to upload it here? I no longer have any 10.11 installs :/

I testet with TrackPad.prefpane from Elcap. After fixing permissions and reboot it works.

I testet with TrackPad.prefpane from Elcap. After fixing permissions and reboot it works.

That's what I figured... Marked solved.

Another success report:

Extracted the prefpane from my old Yosemite installer, copied it to Sierra and it works perfectly.

Function keys still don't work. (another known issue)

EDIT: Although prefpane works, it needs to be opened after every boot to load the settings.

I hope this gets a fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back