Motherboard
Inspiron 11 3153
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
HD 520
Dell Inspiron 11 3153.
High Sierra 10.13.5

Everything is working great, aside from the trackpad. On a fresh boot, the trackpad works 100%, no issues whatsoever. After sleep and wakeup, the trackpad is fairly glitchy and wont follow my finger half the time or makes random clicks. The only way to remedy this is to do a full shut down and boot back up. How can I resolve this?

Attachments

• debug_4582.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 69
Dell Inspiron 11 3153.
High Sierra 10.13.5

Everything is working great, aside from the trackpad. On a fresh boot, the trackpad works 100%, no issues whatsoever. After sleep and wakeup, the trackpad is fairly glitchy and wont follow my finger half the time or makes random clicks. The only way to remedy this is to do a full shut down and boot back up. How can I resolve this?

You have an incorrect combination of PS2 kexts installed.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext cannot be used with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext... they are mutually exclusive.
Pick only one solution for PS2.

You have an incorrect combination of PS2 kexts installed.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext cannot be used with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext... they are mutually exclusive.
Pick only one solution for PS2.
Ok, is one preferred over the other?

Ok, is one preferred over the other?

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext probably has better support for your trackpad (likely ALPS).
But it is not open source.
You may find other versions of VoodooPS2Controller.kext that support your trackpad (due to it being open source).
It is really your decision.

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext probably has better support for your trackpad (likely ALPS).
But it is not open source.
You may find other versions of VoodooPS2Controller.kext that support your trackpad (due to it being open source).
It is really your decision.
Ok thanks. I will give it a go removing VoodooPS2Controller.kext and see where we end up. I dont really mind the kext not being open source as long as it works.

So far so good. Took out voodoo and have tried sleeping and all seems well so far. Cant believe it was so simple.

So far so good. Took out voodoo and have tried sleeping and all seems well so far. Cant believe it was so simple.

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back