CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
UHD 630; GeForce MX250
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi I am a hackintosh noob but i was able to get el capitan on my laptop with working audio and graphics and the other day i decided to update to high sierra and was able to install it fine with the exception that my graphics aren't working anymore :(
I tried clearing out the kext cache and switched from the frame buffer kernel patch to the intelgraphicsfixup kext but have had no success. i tried to get a good screen shot of the issue but it happens to quickly for me to get a picture of the screen.
also i seem to have a new option that shows up in clover to boot from and was wondering if anyone knows which is preferable and if i need the new entry.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 104
  • 20170929_085913.jpg
    20170929_085913.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 108
Hi I am a hackintosh noob but i was able to get el capitan on my laptop with working audio and graphics and the other day i decided to update to high sierra and was able to install it fine with the exception that my graphics aren't working anymore :(
I tried clearing out the kext cache and switched from the frame buffer kernel patch to the intelgraphicsfixup kext but have had no success. i tried to get a good screen shot of the issue but it happens to quickly for me to get a picture of the screen.
also i seem to have a new option that shows up in clover to boot from and was wondering if anyone knows which is preferable and if i need the new entry.

See guide regarding DVMT-prealloc:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank you! that guide helped me fix my graphics just one last question is there any difference between these two boot options is there one i should always use?

Attachments

• screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    853 KB · Views: 129
  • screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    852.3 KB · Views: 125
Thank you! that guide helped me fix my graphics just one last question is there any difference between these two boot options is there one i should always use?

You can hide Preboot by adding an entry Preboot in config.plist/GUI/Hide.

Last edited:
thank you so much for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back