Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z87 deluxe
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
GeoForce 980 ti
It all started after I added THUNDERBOLTEx Dual II to my z87 deluxe motherboard. Before that, my hackintosh booted great every time. But now it fails to boot more times than not. On the rare occasion that it does boot, the thunderbolt works perfectly by the way.

I don't want to give up my thunderbolt card, because I use it for my audio interface for recording music.

Suggestions welcome! Really could use any possible advice guys and gals!

IMG_2247.JPG

Thanks! This right here is where it stops at. When it does work fine, there's a line of plus signs after this and then loads of text and then it works great. But most of the time it only comes this far and then I get the error message. What's your opinion?

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.

How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover

This right here is where it stops at. When it does work fine, there's a line of plus signs after this and then loads of text and then it works great. But most of the time it only comes this far and then I get the error message. What's your opinion?

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.

If that doesn't work, try using OsxAptioFix2Drv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv.

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.

If that doesn't work, try using OsxAptioFix2Drv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv.

Okay. Here's an update. I finally figured it out. Thank you to BreBo for your insight, but actually it's way simpler than I imagined, and I want to put this out there in case it helps someone else. As long as my thunderbolt-supported audio interface is turned on BEFORE powering up the hackintosh, then the hackintosh will boot up just fine every time. I guess the hackintosh just wants to make sure that the thunderbolt port is actually there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back