Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel C226
CPU
Xeon E3-1225V3
Graphics
Intel HD P4600
First, thanks to everyone who's contributed to this project. As someone who was around the OSx86 world in the early days, it's exciting to see how far things have come.

I'm installing El Capitan on my new ThinkServer w/ Xeon E3-1225V3, 8GB RAM, Model 70A4001MUX

It boots and installs just fine with the USB - the graphics are choppy, but otherwise it's good.

It just won't boot on its own. I've tried installing Clover using the quick installer linked in the homepage instructions, as well as the Sourceforge installer, but with no luck - it just hangs on the following screen.

I also tried all the variations of OSXAptioFixDrv but none worked (It's an AMI Aptio board)

(I can't thank P1lgrim enough for his guide; I followed it to the letter.)

I'm attaching screenshots of where it gets stuck and my current Clover settings.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    999 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
ThinkServer boots fine with USB, won't boot with Clover

I don't think that a MacPro6,1 system definition is quite right for your build.

I've just upgraded my i3-4330 to a Xeon E3-1245V3 and changed the system definition to a MacPro5,1 which appears to be working well.

Have you tried booting your hard drive with the config.plist that I posted in the build guide ?
If you can get it to work with that then it's an easy job to change the system definition from an iMac to a MacPro.

I haven't used my ThinkServer with a Xeon and no graphics card so I'm not sure how the integrated graphics perform.
This thread may prove useful. Follow the exchanges between Detosx and RehabMan and you'll see that they reached a successful conclusion for HD P4600 graphics.

Thanks again, P1LGRIM. I couldn't have done it without your help.

Finally got it all working. For those who might read this later, use the P4600 settings from the link provided in P's post above. I used 14,1 as the machine type, which gave me the best results.

Finally got it all working. For those who might read this later, use the P4600 settings from the link provided in P's post above. I used 14,1 as the machine type, which gave me the best results.

Great news - Well done :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back