Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo 20BSCTO1WW
CPU
i5-5300U
Graphics
Intel HD5500
Hello, I'm attempting to install High Sierra on a 3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon (i5-5300U). I'm using the latest RehabMan Clover (2.4k r4444) and mostly working off of this guide, at least for the BIOS and Clover bootloader settings, but of course using the High Sierra installer.

I'm able to get into the bootloader. After disabling caches and selecting the macOS HS installer, it hangs at this point in the boot process:

APFSStart:1454: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-748.31.8
efi_container_create:1077: -efi_container_create, Status = 8000000000000007
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

jxZNKEzl.jpg

Some things I've tried so far:
  • Installed apfs.efi into drivers64UEFI
  • Tried using both OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64. No change.
  • Tried using VBoxHfs-64.efi instead of HFSPlus.efi (seems to get further? but results in kernel panics).
  • Tried the latest vanilla / non-RehabMan Clover (but switched to RehabMan version in order to disable caches).
  • Disabled KASLR (slide=0)
I've attached my /EFI/CLOVER files in a zip file.

Any ideas / help? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 101
Hello, I'm attempting to install High Sierra on a 3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon (i5-5300U). I'm using the latest RehabMan Clover (2.4k r4444) and mostly working off of this guide, at least for the BIOS and Clover bootloader settings, but of course using the High Sierra installer.

I'm able to get into the bootloader. After disabling caches and selecting the macOS HS installer, it hangs at this point in the boot process:

APFSStart:1454: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-748.31.8
efi_container_create:1077: -efi_container_create, Status = 8000000000000007
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

jxZNKEzl.jpg

Some things I've tried so far:
  • Installed apfs.efi into drivers64UEFI
  • Tried using both OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64. No change.
  • Tried using VBoxHfs-64.efi instead of HFSPlus.efi (seems to get further? but results in kernel panics).
  • Tried the latest vanilla / non-RehabMan Clover (but switched to RehabMan version in order to disable caches).
  • Disabled KASLR (slide=0)
I've attached my /EFI/CLOVER files in a zip file.

Any ideas / help? Thanks in advance!
try a config.plist from the laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

try a config.plist from the laptop guide:

Okay, I tried using the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist from there.

Also tried these other suggestions from the guide:
  • Switched to RehabMan's FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller kexts
  • Tried AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Tried setting ig-platform-id to both the recommended value for my video card (0x16260006) and an invalid value (0x12345678)
  • Tried Inject EDID
No change with any of this. Still stops in the same place.

Okay, I tried using the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist from there.

Also tried these other suggestions from the guide:
  • Switched to RehabMan's FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller kexts
  • Tried AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Tried setting ig-platform-id to both the recommended value for my video card (0x16260006) and an invalid value (0x12345678)
  • Tried Inject EDID
No change with any of this. Still stops in the same place.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Note: Current guide suggests AptioMemoryFix.efi. And your Clover/kexts is not per guide.

I ended up resolving this myself after much experimentation. Some combination of starting over from scratch using the general Laptop guide (rather than the older one specific to my laptop), building a fresh USB drive, updating my BIOS, re-enabling USB3 and UEFI+Legacy booting, and then using a fake ig-platform-id to get past a stubborn kernel panic.

I was ultimately able complete the installation. Now on to fixing/patching for all of the misc driver and post-install issues.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back